Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Webasto controller PCB, does this look OK to you?

Thanks pvb but that's 24v and what I meant by replacement costing nearly 2k was that it wasn't sensible to spend hundreds on the ECU for such an old heater, and a new one would make more sense. TBH I would consider a Planar 4KW heater if I have to replace the Webasto.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_lavelle View Post
    Thanks pvb but that's 24v and what I meant by replacement costing nearly 2k was that it wasn't sensible to spend hundreds on the ECU for such an old heater, and a new one would make more sense. TBH I would consider a Planar 4KW heater if I have to replace the Webasto.
    No, it's 12v.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_lavelle View Post
    Peter has sorted you out now but just for info, the Rover 75 was fitted as std with a Webasto heater, it was good in as much the pcb could be switched on and off manually, it wasnt integrated in to thw car electronics as such. Cheap as chips in a breakers. I paid 40 for a complete unit, used the pcb and sold the remnants on ebay for 25
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    There's a new control box for 300 here - https://www.melloronline.co.uk/shop....models=HL2432D
    White blobs are known as conformal coating. Designed to protect from environmental and stress situations. Common on PCB's in the aircraft, space and military specifications when the whole board is treated. Note the large vertical components, yes capacitors, are supported by the coating thus eliminating any stress caused by vibration.
    Last edited by third engines; 08-12-17 at 12:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12