Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Crowd fund needed pls for my Project houseboat :)

I see your first choice dries out at low tide. I think I would have a moochie around inside as the tide rose and make a note of where the water comes in then at the next low tide seal them up

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    Now i keep looking at project boat which are always over my budget, ok WELL over it.

This boat has got me excited though

If I was younger, that would get me excited as well. Why? Simple - classic looks.

I suspect the owner would pay you to take if off their hands. They'd save mooring fees and the potential salvage fees...
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

Is ‘houseboat’ code for no engines?
    Has anyone tried to pump her out at low tide and then let nature take its course.
    But all in all she is very beautiful

Hey Wayne, that's not a project boat. That's a project ship!! Given that you're in a similar age bracket to me, do you think you'd have the time to finish such a mammoth undertaking, not to mention the money? I'm all for enjoying the journey as opposed to the destination, but consider the fact that any resto usually means three times as long and easily the same when it comes to cost.

I'd love to be 30 years younger to take on something big, but now that my Wellcraft is almost done, there's my car to prepare for its annual NCT (MOT), lots of things to catch up on around the house and I have a 1968 MGBGT in the "big" shed waiting to be restored, which means I have to finish off my DIY sheet metal bending press and my DIY sand blasting cabinet. Prior to that I have to strip my donor car for my daily driver and dispose of the shell, so that I can line the interior of the "smaller" shed, to house the MG in what will be it's spray booth. And the next tour season is only around the corner. Once January hits, it's just on the horizon. And I want to have lots of time to actually enjoy the Wellcraft.

So, I won't be buying any ships in the near future, although I regularly see projects that set my heart racing. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you every success and If I lived nearer and had nothing else to do, I'd love to come on board. Do you know any like minded types that might do so, and share the work, expense etc. or are you more of a "one man show"?
    I personally would always lean towards exclusivity in this respect and I suspect you are of a similar mind?

Anyway, keep us posted and how is the flower pot coming along?

Wayne, a bit of advice, sort T's Mini out before you tell her that you've bought the 150ft bad boy! You might need a bigger garden too .

Quote Originally Posted by sogood View Post
    Hey Wayne, that's not a project boat. That's a project ship!! Given that you're in a similar age bracket to me, do you think you'd have the time to finish such a mammoth undertaking, not to mention the money? I'm all for enjoying the journey as opposed to the destination, but consider the fact that any resto usually means three times as long and easily the same when it comes to cost.

I'd love to be 30 years younger to take on something big, but now that my Wellcraft is almost done, there's my car to prepare for its annual NCT (MOT), lots of things to catch up on around the house and I have a 1968 MGBGT in the "big" shed waiting to be restored, which means I have to finish off my DIY sheet metal bending press and my DIY sand blasting cabinet. Prior to that I have to strip my donor car for my daily driver and dispose of the shell, so that I can line the interior of the "smaller" shed, to house the MG in what will be it's spray booth. And the next tour season is only around the corner. Once January hits, it's just on the horizon. And I want to have lots of time to actually enjoy the Wellcraft.

So, I won't be buying any ships in the near future, although I regularly see projects that set my heart racing. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you every success and If I lived nearer and had nothing else to do, I'd love to come on board. Do you know any like minded types that might do so, and share the work, expense etc. or are you more of a "one man show"?
    I personally would always lean towards exclusivity in this respect and I suspect you are of a similar mind?

Anyway, keep us posted and how is the flower pot coming along?
    You sound to have as much to do as me, I have my car to fettle yet aswell, but thats a `when i have spare time` job, Ha in that case it will never get done. The house, well lets not go there.

This boat is just a dream project, VERY unlikely be getting anything on that scale in size or cost to refurb it. By eck it would be great though. I dont know anyone local that is into taking on a project like this, the few friends i have local are not DIY`ers at all. I am also happy to do things myself, i have never worked on a project with anybody but for building a Suzuki SJ for a friend some time ago, he wanted to help and i got my hair off with him a little as he just couldnt do anything and made things harder to do.

I am a little, or as T would say very picky and meticulous, the things i do are not perfic but as perfic as i can do and if i think a job is no good i cant leave until its done to a standard i think it should be done, if you know what i mean, reason T has called me and the boat by the name Faffer now lol.

I have been doing a bit on the Heads on Faffer today along with a few more electrics ( updates will follow when it is done ) and whilst doing so i have been thinking on popping down the Conwy where Bruce has mentioned these abandoned boats. Not for now but near future, unless....we will just mooch first

Oh yes, thanks for putting near 20 years on me, i feel around 60 but a bit to go yet at 43 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Wayne, a bit of advice, sort T's Mini out before you tell her that you've bought the 150ft bad boy! You might need a bigger garden too .
    I shown here the 150ft bad boy and she likes it, but along with it i got one of them looks, you know THEM looks
    Last edited by waynes world; 09-12-17 at 17:55.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    Well there's at least 1 trawler of 40 foot, another of 35 ish wooden in the Grand Banks style and a catamaran that is pretty beat but doable for just your sort of lunatic waiting to come by. But the last two you may have to pick up on outstanding yard fees. Those abandoned on the river..... who knows, but there is a road behind them so craneable

Just remind him of the cost for breaking up and removing the last one. 50k I believe was batted around. Charge him half that

T is on the war path after you lol.

I want atleast a 40 footer next, wooden boat is a possibility aslong as its not to much of a rotten lump, same as steel, dont mind a little plating. I love wooden boats and it would be good to learn some real joinery skills. All depends on funds as always, not loaded by any means. I do things as a hobby and pass time.

Would like to pop down some time for a look at them, even if just to look at them.

Wonder how many ‘spare’ bits we all have lying around for you .......

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Some additional information here;

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...ory-at-Burnham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12