Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What are these for?

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Theyre not rod holders. They are for dinghy chocks.
    The boat has previously carried a dinghy there- see the 4 attachment points for the tie down straps.
    JFM
    You you mean this kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    JFM
    You you mean this kind of thing?
    That's exactly the kind of thing I was refering to in my post right back at the beginning. One pin would work, as the hull shape would keep the chocks in the right orientation.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    That's exactly the kind of thing I was refering to in my post right back at the beginning. One pin would work, as the hull shape would keep the chocks in the right orientation.
    Exactly! You have been 100% correct from the big inning. It's kinda obvious. And we know the boat carried a tender because there are 4x tie downs in the pic, so it must have had chocks of some sort. So if those sockets are not for chocks then what did the chocks locate on? There is nothing else plausible in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    To o/p, that's one long passerelle for the boat (which is perfectly ok if transom is very well reinforced on the hidden side) and the auto pop up handrail is missing.

Thanks I think you are correct these are for Dinghy chocks as I have found a boat fitted with them, the Transom is very well reinforced apparently the same as they put on the Phantom as standard, The pop up hand rail is actually in the boat waiting to be reattached.

I found this additional image of a Targa 38 which may help, if these Chocks do indeed have just a single pin I need to find some of these.Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 21.13.26.jpg

Don't waste time "finding" them. They need to be custom made by a s/s fabricator or give the whole job to your boatyard or boat fixer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123