Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Default Re: Moody 37/376 buying advice and alternatives?

Bavaria Oceans ar very solid and well-loved by their owners. Trouble is, because of this they don't tend to come up for sale very often, and when they do they fetch a good price and sell quickly.

I suspect not many Oceans were built though which partly accounts for this as everyone was looking for aft cockpit 37s at a lower price for the charter market !
    I do recall looking around one although well out of our budget at the time but at 40 foot they didn't seem to suffer from some of the aspects identified earlier in the 376 or indeed the later Moody 36 as to visual appeal .

Quote Originally Posted by ashtead View Post
    I suspect not many Oceans were built though which partly accounts for this as everyone was looking for aft cockpit 37s at a lower price for the charter market !
    I do recall looking around one although well out of our budget at the time but at 40 foot they didn't seem to suffer from some of the aspects identified earlier in the 376 or indeed the later Moody 36 as to visual appeal .
    A surprisingly large number were sold considering the short time (3 seasons) of production, but were well dispersed and relatively few sold in the UK, perhaps because they were not cheap, being priced alongside the Moodys of the time. You can see why Bavaria dropped them as the charter market really took off in 1999/2000. The operator I bought my 37 through in 2001 took delivery of 67 Bavarias in just the one year.

Latest PBO has a good article by Peter Poland, I thought I had read up all there was to read on Moodies by now, but still learned a few things. Impressed by what people have done in the 376 and similar- circumnavs and high latitude stuff. Definitely given me more confidence that this is the right sort of boat. Just have to wait a couple of years for things to fall into place... and in the meantime if anybody is thinking of selling theirs...
    Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678