Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Default Re: London Boat Show

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Not sure I agree, that it is a "fair cop"... It's a vast assumption by the organisers that everyone is an inveterate user of social media, like you I'm not, and am never likely to be. It'd be interesting to know how much of the sailing demographic does use social media...

I'll see if I can set up a poll...
    I think just about all of the sailing demographic uses websites though... And all of the information was there....
    You never know, I might be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
    What the organisers should do IMHO is release the stand/floor plan in advance, on their website and in sailing mags like they used to, so that visitors can plan what they want to see and where! Why do they not do this any more?
    And +1 for that. My feedback focussed on the lack of a guide to what you find where and when, except by buying a ridiculously priced guide, and the complete absence of any clear signage to help you find your way around the show. Anybody who pays for admission should get a decent guide in with the price.

Like Cantata, the 3 shows in one went over my head, unless one of the shows was the lady who asked me at least twice inside an hour whether I have a will - perhaps I look to be in need of one? Really, a stand marketing a will writing service has no place in a boat show.

However, I had a good half day out, meeting all sorts of people that I don't see often enough, got an answer on an electronics interfacing issue (sadly, not the answer I wanted, but now I know) and managed a few glasses of wine from the Moody Owners Association to get me ready for an evening out in London on an altogether different line of business, so I can't complain too much.

At the show, and since, I've spoken to a fair few of the exhibitors I met there, and all put it down as a success in terms of sales and business leads. In all cases, they're planning to do it again next year. I don't know who the customers are, but something must be going right with this show, although I don't see it ever recovering to the glory days at Earls Court. Who nicked the Guiness stand?

Peter

Quote] Like Cantata, the 3 shows in one went over my head, unless one of the shows was the lady who asked me at least twice inside an hour whether I have a will - perhaps I look to be in need of one? Really, a stand marketing a will writing service has no place in a boat show. ]

Looking at the age of most club members that will writing company probably sees a good market!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678