Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ok for some ?

Default Re: ok for some ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    Statistically speaking it's highly unlikely anyone will fall in. If you and your wife have both been in and as you say in sheltered waters doing something routine statistically speaking that's almost impossible. Maybe you are doing something wrong.
    +1

My wife has fallen in at least 4 times in the last decade and me once when transferring from dinghy to boat. At no time have either been wearing lifejackets and have found it funny rather than serious partly because the water was always warm and partly because we were drunk each time. Doesn't make me inclined to wear one in those circumstances in the future but am considering being drunk less often.

The issue with wearing an LJ is that it gets in the way when jumping in for a swim.
    Sailing solo, I use a harness when conditions warrant it.
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Quote Originally Posted by RupertW View Post
    My wife has fallen in at least 4 times in the last decade and me once when transferring from dinghy to boat. At no time have either been wearing lifejackets and have found it funny rather than serious partly because the water was always warm and partly because we were drunk each time. Doesn't make me inclined to wear one in those circumstances in the future but am considering being drunk less often.
    I hope you think long and hard about you and your wife's actions! You have had 5 incidents of entering the water unexpectedly; four times for your wife and once for you.

Clearly you need to reflect on the proportions of alcohol you both consume. If you are to equalise your chances of staying alive whilst afloat... you are not drinking enough and your wife is drinking too much!

I like your thinking

Quote Originally Posted by nemodreams View Post
    with boat on a racing heel
    Hold on, what is this racing heel you talk about? I must be doing something wrong. I never race, but sometimes sail my boat heeled at such an angle, often wearing a lot less than the chap in the picture.
    Cynical Scots engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by steve yates View Post
    Or leisure sailors on Tobermory high st, I suppose they could get washed away?

Brilliant picture and comment.

Was in Kirkwall last May and needed to clip on some days while at the cashpoint, .
    Cynical Scots engineer.

I was honestly gobsmacked at the time as I watched them cross the road and amble down the street. Had to grab the pic on my phone when they started windowshopping
    It was my first real introduction to "yotties", then later in the Mishnish, a whole group (different folk) came in standing at the bar drinking, 3 of em still wearing lj's! It was like being in a parallel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave100456 View Post
    I hope you think long and hard about you and your wife's actions! You have had 5 incidents of entering the water unexpectedly; four times for your wife and once for you.

Clearly you need to reflect on the proportions of alcohol you both consume. If you are to equalise your chances of staying alive whilst afloat... you are not drinking enough and your wife is drinking too much!
    Good thinking, I will suggest that to her tonight and see what happens. Might need some Dutch courage first.

Good thinking, I will suggest that to her tonight and see what happens. Might need some Dutch courage first.
    Ha Ha!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast