Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: How much insurance do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy* View Post
    I should apologise for commenting that someone spent time picking out bits of several posts to disagree with?
    Nope, you should apologise for having called that sad, when it was actually made just to contribute to your own thread.

If there's anyone who has the right to consider sad wasting his own time to help forum mates, that's jfm, nobody else.
    And indeed the result you achieved is that you made him look at the whole matter in this way, as per his post #26.
    Now, THIS is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    It certainly was with mine - it arrived completely unprompted.

I'm still here. Experts don't always know everything, I should apologise for commenting that someone spent time picking out bits of several posts to disagree with? I don't think so. I did get a quote from Y insurance with several sentences highlighted in red telling me that my insurance would not offer the same cover. I checked and found those claims to be untrue. Sounds like sharp practice to me. So GJW gets my money this year.
    Could you be a bit more specific please? Which aspects of cover did Y claim to have over GJW, that GJW actually does cover?

+1. P, I've emailed you a copy of what they sent me in case it's helpful.

I'm still here. Experts don't always know everything, I should apologise for commenting that someone spent time picking out bits of several posts to disagree with? I don't think so. I did get a quote from Y insurance with several sentences highlighted in red telling me that my insurance would not offer the same cover. I checked and found those claims to be untrue. Sounds like sharp practice to me. So GJW gets my money this year.
    Cathy I'm not trying to have a fight and I'm sorry if my first post on here looked like cherry picking things to disagree with. Keyboards are often not great ways to talk. No worries I hope.
    I'm curious that you think Y misses a bunch of things that GJW covers. I got to the opposite conclusion. Would you mind please listing a few things that GJW covers better than Y? Everyone here cares about this topic and it would be nice to deabate in a bit more detail. I'm happy to expand on what I think are GJW's shortcomings if you wish. We're all on the same side here and we all have to make this choice once a year so it's good to compare notes.

I just have visions of Kathy Bates now.

Just occurred to me ... maybe she works for GJW and the whole thing's a troll ... either way she needs to learn some manners!
    Last edited by Kingfisher 3; 26-01-18 at 11:22.

The North West, either England, Wales or France

You sound like Michael Gove. Experts may not always know everything but JFM knows a hell of a lot more about boat insurance than I, and I suspect you, do. So much so that his excellent advice drew me into the dark world of the MoBo forum.
    And yes, following his advice I switched from GJW (who otherwise I found to be very good insurers) to Y but not just on his say so. I corresponded with GJW citing the scenario described by petem above and they confirmed I would not be covered under their policy.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 26-01-18 at 11:53.

Same with my Y Italian policy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456