Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sealine F33 electrical issue

I recently bought a 99 F33 but Iím having issues with the starboard electrical controls I.e. no trim tab, engine leg, battery charging to starboard batteries. Is there a common relay or fuse that would cause this to happen?
    I have replaced the batteries, by passed the wiring to the leg pump and the motor runs fine, up and down.

Any help would be appreciated.
    George

Default Re: Sealine F33 electrical issue

George, I think VolvoPaul is yer man with this. He will see this post in due course.

try the Sealine owners forum too, a few f33 owners on there who will probably help

The is a large nylon fuse on the top of the engine I believe - It is about 3cm long and 1cm wide with studs on.

If this goes it does as i recall stop the leg and trim tabs working - but it would have nothing to do with charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgecdrummond View Post
    I recently bought a 99 F33 but I’m having issues with the starboard electrical controls I.e. no trim tab, engine leg, battery charging to starboard batteries. Is there a common relay or fuse that would cause this to happen?
    I have replaced the batteries, by passed the wiring to the leg pump and the motor runs fine, up and down.

Any help would be appreciated.
    George
    Are we talking Volvopenta or mercruiser ?

Volvo then could be the pop fuse inside the black box top of engine, I’m assuming it’s a Kad 32.
    Can you hear the trim relays clicking , they will work even if the main power supply trim pump fuse has blown , this is located on top of the engine inlet manifold , thick red cable from starter motor .

No charge sounds like alternator fault as ther is no split charge system on an F33.

You say trim tab , do you actually mean tab or trim function the drive leg?

Paul, The boat has twin Kad32’s and yes I can hear the relay click on the leg trim so it sounds like the fuse has blown do I find it in the black box on top of the engine or on the starter motor cable? Is the same fuse responsibile for supplying power to both the engine leg trim and the trim tab?

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    Are we talking Volvopenta or mercruiser ?

Volvo then could be the pop fuse inside the black box top of engine, I’m assuming it’s a Kad 32.
    Can you hear the trim relays clicking , they will work even if the main power supply trim pump fuse has blown , this is located on top of the engine inlet manifold , thick red cable from starter motor .

No charge sounds like alternator fault as ther is no split charge system on an F33.

You say trim tab , do you actually mean tab or trim function the drive leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgecdrummond View Post
    Paul, The boat has twin Kad32’s and yes I can hear the relay click on the leg trim so it sounds like the fuse has blown do I find it in the black box on top of the engine or on the starter motor cable? Is the same fuse responsibile for supplying power to both the engine leg trim and the trim tab?
    Top of engine fuse is cream colour with 2 8mm studs .

Trim tabs nothing to do with engine . Sealine fitted unfit for purpose elltrim shyte tabs . Rams fill up with water .

Trim tabs nothing to do with engine . Sealine fitted unfit for purpose elltrim shyte tabs . Rams fill up with water .
    Water leakage is mainly down to not changing gaiters every two years, plus cheap German engineering, fuse / circuit breaker with bilge pump, charge circuit, heating breaker panel.

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

Rams don't fill up with water if you change the gaiters every couple of years and lubricate the arms

Paul,

I found the fuse but it was situated right next to the starter motor ( within 5mm of the starter connections?)
    I have tested across the fuse and it was still intact so I guess my search continues.

Thanks
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast