Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SofF get together

I just found out that Lenny Cravitz is playing at JLP on 12 Jul. A Thursday night, but is anyone interested in a get together either at the concert or anchored off listening in? We might even leave the Golden Triangle of BSM- SJCF-VF and head to the dark world of Antibes!

http://www.antibesjuanlespins.com/fr...2-juillet-2018

Default Re: SofF get together

Unfortunately I will be standing on an exhibition stand in the delightful seaside resort of Birmingham on that very day otherwise I would have loved to join you

Not sure where we will be then , bit too far ahead tbh.
    My only reservation with anchoring off is ( unless from previous personal experience you tell me otherwise )
    Is that you are so far away *and the speakers are facing the other way + you are out of direct line = by the time any sound reaches you - err basically it’s rubbish!

In La Napoule folks hire out the Chateau next door to the marina - private individuals or corporate s .
    There’s usually a group or “ artist “ flown in ( little private airport within 2 miles takes Gulfsteams )
    Say Adele for example or Duran Duran , or Elton J etc .Two of these have Ferretti group boats btw .

.Out side near - not far you don’t get the full effect - obviously than if you were a guest sat in the open air court yard .

* Around Cannes the “ ville d Cannes “ kinda YTS marine police enforce a strict no go area on top of the 200 M limit .
    Take a note of JFM pic of the new Year eve firework display pics on another thread — see the range - then extrapolate some Muzak with speakers facing away .
    Not sure who if any ? YTS marine coppers will be around that night though - looking out for any red ensign s to bollock off .

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Say Adele for example or Duran Duran , or Elton J etc .Two of these have Ferretti group boats btw .
    Spill the beans then Porto, who and which models or are all SofF boaters forced to sign some kind of NDA?

Shame it's a couple of weeks before the kids break up for summer.

It would be a fun experience, not for the quality of the music but for the memory of "I did that"

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Spill the beans then Porto, who and which models or are all SofF boaters forced to sign some kind of NDA?
    Quite modest boats - but they have significant shore side properties the only clue is they are not FB - and they have a performance orientation .

Anyhow back to summer SoF forum meet —- we really ought to organise something along the lines of a mass anchorage - Family friendly all inclusive ( presume school hols - Ok with us ) - daytime - place and date - with an option of an overnight stay @ anchor .
    Perhaps a shore side / beach pic nic lunch easily tender-able

There will be somewhere around the Lerins .

Yes is bit too far ahead for me also but I like the idea - thanks mcanderson. I agree with Porto that you wont hear the music at the distance off that you need to anchor there. You can get beach table at the adjoining restaurant, or just get a ticket and go to the concert - both of which I've done and it's excellent. You can arrive by tender from anchored off boat if weather is good but someone has to take the tender back - you can't just tie up and leave it @ dock. (oh for the good ole days when you could)

The really hot tickets sell out fast. Santana sold out uber early last year despite doing 2 nights, whereas Sting was available till later.

Also I'd be v happy to join Porto's other suggestion of an anchor up sometime. Can just lash all the boats together @ lerins for example

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post

Anyhow back to summer SoF forum meet —- we really ought to organise something along the lines of a mass anchorage - Family friendly all inclusive ( presume school hols - Ok with us ) - daytime - place and date - with an option of an overnight stay @ anchor .
    Perhaps a shore side / beach pic nic lunch easily tender-able

There will be somewhere around the Lerins .
    Sounds like fun, count me in

Okay then, it sounds like there is an itch for a SofF meet up sometime in Summer somewhere convenient for most. I like the idea of The Lerins. About 1/2 between Beaulieu sur Mer and St Raphael so good for markc and us. Close to Antibes for the Antibes massive and good for the La Napoule discreet set also.

Set a finger in the air date for the cross over weekend of July into August. So the 28/29 of July?

Quote Originally Posted by mcanderson View Post
    Okay then, it sounds like there is an itch for a SofF meet up sometime in Summer somewhere convenient for most. I like the idea of The Lerins. About 1/2 between Beaulieu sur Mer and St Raphael so good for markc and us. Close to Antibes for the Antibes massive and good for the La Napoule discreet set also.

Set a finger in the air date for the cross over weekend of July into August. So the 28/29 of July?
    I'd be up for that but it will be crowded and we'll need to get there early in the day. Maybe have a forum dinner at the restaurant on Honorat?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast