Just came across this ,not sure if any use

http://www.yachtd.com/products/j1708...iAAEgKl9fD_BwE
    That looks the dogs whotsits.

Default Re: VP EDC Display

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    That looks the dogs whotsits.
    +1000

nothing to do with Volvos, but it's a case that you wish you had one

from my extensive involvement with engine data and NMEA2000 protocol, and just checking on the N2K standard, the table of what it says it does is legit.
    So if you have such an engine(s) and a seatalk NG or NMEA2000 network installed (and obviously plotters or other gauges support them) you should all run and get it!
    Hell, it's almost cheaper than getting a sender and gauge for diesel talk level, outrageous!
    [and probably something that you could knock in a couple of days using a 10quid arduino board if you get the J1708 protocol...]

cheers

V.

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    +1000

nothing to do with Volvos, but it's a case that you wish you had one

from my extensive involvement with engine data and NMEA2000 protocol, and just checking on the N2K standard, the table of what it says it does is legit.
    So if you have such an engine(s) and a seatalk NG or NMEA2000 network installed (and obviously plotters or other gauges support them) you should all run and get it!
    Hell, it's almost cheaper than getting a sender and gauge for diesel talk level, outrageous!
    [and probably something that you could knock in a couple of days using a 10quid arduino board if you get the J1708 protocol...]

cheers

V.
    I've already got a SeaTalk NG connector that connects my old and new plotters and my DSC VHF together so would be an easy install. I guess I'd need two of these cables though so a non trivial cost to me. Would be great to see real time fuel burn and boost pressure though.

I've already got a SeaTalk NG connector that connects my old and new plotters and my DSC VHF together so would be an easy install. I guess I'd need two of these cables though so a non trivial cost to me. Would be great to see real time fuel burn and boost pressure though.
    Yes if you already have the network it looks like this would be great. I thought I might be able to plug this straight in the back of my e7d plotter but after reading the manual says I need to build a network first which is a shame as from a brief look online seems the network kit is another couple of hundred!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzajohm View Post
    Yes if you already have the network it looks like this would be great. I thought I might be able to plug this straight in the back of my e7d plotter but after reading the manual says I need to build a network first which is a shame as from a brief look online seems the network kit is another couple of hundred!
    How is your VHF currently connected to your GPS?

How is your VHF currently connected to your GPS?
    I have a standard horizon Gx2200e which has built in gps. The radio has built in AIS which I connect to the raymarine plotter using NMEA 0183 which is just literally connecting two wires from the radio to two wires on the back of the raymarine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123