Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Keeping a small boat in mainland spain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    I appreciate what you say but with the amount of family I have in Suffolk we would never ever contemplate relocating to Spain full time
    I actually meant if you didn't like the Spanish town and want a holiday home in a different area of Spain. Some properties are impossible to sell.

Dennis, I've always thought I'd do two things before buying in Spain. First is to buy / borrow / hire a camper and spend a month or so driving the whole length of the Spanish coast to find somewhere that I like. The second thing is to take a long let 6 months or a year in the place I favour to make sure I like it. Making a mistake and buying in the wrong place could be expensive and time consuming to rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Dennis, I've always thought I'd do two things before buying in Spain. First is to buy / borrow / hire a camper and spend a month or so driving the whole length of the Spanish coast to find somewhere that I like. The second thing is to take a long let 6 months or a year in the place I favour to make sure I like it. Making a mistake and buying in the wrong place could be expensive and time consuming to rectify.
    Very wise the only problem for us is I am semi retired but her indoors still works 4 days a week so only got holiday time to do the investigation. Also don't want to leave it too long as prices seem to be going up

Dennis
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    And you'd take 10 years before taking the plunge........

we have a villa in La Manga and keep our 19ft Regal on the dry at http://www.pdmc.es ,it is a great little marina , and as said before the staff are fantastic. A short hop across the Mar Menor and through the canal at Tomas Maestre and your in the med.

Quote Originally Posted by satman View Post
    we have a villa in La Manga and keep our 19ft Regal on the dry at http://www.pdmc.es ,it is a great little marina , and as said before the staff are fantastic. A short hop across the Mar Menor and through the canal at Tomas Maestre and your in the med.
    That sounds interesting can you tell me something about costs at the Marina

Thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Only 135 euro per month ,unlimited launch and recovery ,you can phone the day before and your boat will be in the water ready for you the next morning ,or you can just turn up and generally the guys will launch for you. What we tend to do is get the boat in the water when we arrive and leave it in while we are there rather than launch each day we want to go out. The marina are quite happy to give you a berth at no extra charge ,even for 2 or 3 weeks !

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by satman View Post
    Hi Dennis,

Only 135 euro per month ,unlimited launch and recovery ,you can phone the day before and your boat will be in the water ready for you the next morning ,or you can just turn up and generally the guys will launch for you. What we tend to do is get the boat in the water when we arrive and leave it in while we are there rather than launch each day we want to go out. The marina are quite happy to give you a berth at no extra charge ,even for 2 or 3 weeks !

Sandy
    That sounds very reasonable now all we have to do is find a property !

Thanks

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    And you'd take 10 years before taking the plunge........
    When buying property in the UK I'm very decisive (single viewing, decision there and then).

But in Spain, with an unfamiliar property market, 10% buying costs and the potential for 'sticky' properties, I would take my time and get it right first time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123