Thread: boat crash

Default boat crash

apologies for nicking this from the scuttlebutt forum, but thought people might want to see this:

Default Re: boat crash

Yep, crazy situation. Not explained if anyone was on the helm?

More details here:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/17/fisher...ught-on-video/

The helmsman claims he was sitting down.
    Clearly standing up is sometimes a good idea.

In the aftermath, one of the fisherman can be seen trying to calm his nerves with a beer: I think if that had been me, I would have been swigging from a bottle of Jack Daniels.
    Last edited by FlowerPower; 18-01-18 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    Yep, crazy situation. Not explained if anyone was on the helm?
    Yes, a disabled chap who has to sit too low to see over the bow. His name is Larsen, and was evidently also on his mobile phone a lot, but not explained if he was at the time of this accident. The fishermen are sueing for stress and injuries!!

couldn't find any info on what the state of the speeding sports cruiser was after the accident. I would of thought an impact like that would be enough to sink a boat?

Quote Originally Posted by nicho View Post
    Yes, a disabled chap who has to sit too low to see over the bow. His name is Larsen, and was evidently also on his mobile phone a lot, but not explained if he was at the time of this accident. The fishermen are sueing for stress and injuries!!
    In fairness - why would they not sue for stress and injury.

A boat not conducting a lookout in clam weather and good visibility ran them down. It is hardly their fault.

If the skipper was disabled then he should have made sure the boat was modified to ensure he was in control of the craft / good look out and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    In fairness - why would they not sue for stress and injury.

A boat not conducting a lookout in clam weather and good visibility ran them down. It is hardly their fault.

If the skipper was disabled then he should have made sure the boat was modified to ensure he was in control of the craft / good look out and so on.
    I was not suggesting they should not sue.....they damn well should. Back in my raggie days, we were pootling down Southampton water when a pretty large Sunseeker was coming straight at us in a similar fashion. I could not see the windscreen and presumed he could not see me. Luckily he veered off and passed by some distance away, but his wash was pretty dramatic!!