Default Motorboat insurance in Greece

Hello,

i'm EU citizen and my motorboat is under US flag with Delaware company. Actually my boat is in Turkey and under a turk insurance company. Boat basecamp is Turkey since 2014. In few month, boat basecamp will be Greece (Athens) for some years. I'm planning :

- to travel and leave my boat to Athens
    - to import the boat and pay the VAT
    - to sell the boat to myself (Bill of Sale) and later to close the company (which is used only for the boat)
    - to move under a greek insurance company (main navigation area will be greek waters).

Can you advise me a company for a total coverage and good service (in case of disaster, claims, etc ...) ?
    Beneteau Antares 8.80 - 2014 / 2 x Mercury Verado 150 HP

Default Re: Motorboat insurance in Greece

Try Yyachts in Plymouth or Insure4boats in Manchester

In England ???? My boat is in Greece and i'm belgian citizen. I prefer a company with a representative in Greece, better for claim / expertise

Quote Originally Posted by anterak View Post
    In England ???? My boat is in Greece and i'm belgian citizen. I prefer a company with a representative in Greece, better for claim / expertise
    You will find that most British people who keep their boats in Greece insure with UK insurers because they are generally cheaper and better than local insurers. Many of us here use Y Yacht Insurers www.yyachtinsurance.com Other good insurers are Bishop Skinner, GJW and Pantaenius. The latter is actually German, but has an active office in the UK. You will find all of these companies efficient at dealing with claims for boats kept overseas. When I kept my boat in Greece it was insured with Bishop Skinner.

I'm going on with Pantaenius

Try EIS Insurance. They are overall in the Meds. I think their main office is in Berlin.

anterak, sorry for being OT. You seem to be one of the very few of this parish active in Greece/Turkey. You have probably lots of super experience of the area, maybe could you one day share your impressions with a cruise report? I am preparing one covering our last trip where we started in Preveza crossed the Corinth canal, discovered the Argolic and travelled back to our home base.

And by the way, my mother tongue is also french :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardmy View Post
    You seem to be one of the very few of this parish active in Greece/Turkey.
    Being based in Turkey and having cruised in the Aegean for many years, I will be glad to share any info that I can.