Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default Re: Bridges over troubled waters.

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
    ...over protected and molycuddled.
    That's a great new word you've coined there, I shall try and use it as much as possible!

Re children having access to the water, in two circumnavigations of UK I was struck by the lack of children playing on the foreshore. Only exception was highly organised and supervised dinghy sailing open only to those with money. I grew up on the Moray Firth and we as kids aost lived on the foreshore! Now that is perceived as too dangerous, not like playing xbox! Times change.
    If you think it's tough at the top---try being at the bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBz View Post
    That's a great new word you've coined there, I shall try and use it as much as possible!
    That is unusual. I have been mocked as a Mong because I use a wheelchair but never before because I am dislexic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd View Post
    Re children having access to the water, in two circumnavigations of UK I was struck by the lack of children playing on the foreshore. Only exception was highly organised and supervised dinghy sailing open only to those with money. I grew up on the Moray Firth and we as kids aost lived on the foreshore! Now that is perceived as too dangerous, not like playing xbox! Times change.
    Yes it is so sad access to the water is so restricted now. All my kids and grandchildren can swim and sail but it is so difficult for them to get on the river without paying a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
    That is unusual. I have been mocked as a Mong because I use a wheelchair but never before because I am dislexic!
    It wasn't my intention to be mocking - I think describing children as being "mollycuddled" is so much more descriptive than "mollycoddled". I'm sure there is a word for that kind of misspelling, where the result is better than the original. A kind of cross between a cacography (yes I had to look that one up) and a malapropism.

Anyway, back to your bridges...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBz View Post
    It wasn't my intention to be mocking - I think describing children as being "mollycuddled" is so much more descriptive than "mollycoddled". I'm sure there is a word for that kind of misspelling, where the result is better than the original. A kind of cross between a cacography (yes I had to look that one up) and a malapropism.

Anyway, back to your bridges...
    Now access into Shotley has a Toll it seems, where once there was free access

Quote Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
    Now access into Shotley has a Toll it seems, where once there was free access
    Whilst it was always free to get, you had to pay to leave!
    If in doubt - shoot the messenger!🇵🇹
    http://lagosnavigators.freeforums.org/index.php

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567