Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Go Boating

Default 5 Go Boating

If any of you have happened to catch this - 8pm slot, Friday on Channel 5 - I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am. The celebrity high jinks are not quite as painful as I had feared and the River Lot comes off looking gorgeous.
    Yes, I am a bit proud - we provided advice to the TV company and 'twas I that suggested the Lot, which they had never heard of.

https://www.my5.tv/celebrity-5-go-ba...pisode-1-2-2-3
    > french-waterways.com < Information+Inspiration!

Default Re: 5 Go Boating

I enjoyed it. Even first mate fancies doing it next year having watched the programme. We nearly did the Canal du Midi last year, but had to pull out due to complications(although we did spend 3 very enjoyable weeks on the Thames). It was obvious to anyone on the river that it was a LeBoat, but the cameraman did a good job of hiding the fact. I take it that means the film company had to pay for two boats and didn't get a freebie

Quote Originally Posted by Grehan View Post
    If any of you have happened to catch this - 8pm slot, Friday on Channel 5 - I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am. The celebrity high jinks are not quite as painful as I had feared and the River Lot comes off looking gorgeous.
    Yes, I am a bit proud - we provided advice to the TV company and 'twas I that suggested the Lot, which they had never heard of.

https://www.my5.tv/celebrity-5-go-ba...pisode-1-2-2-3

Yes watched it it and enjoyed it although I feel a bit sorry for the boat owners
    was that the last one this evening?

I think there are two more programmes - Canal du Midi and the Canal Rhone Sete (Camargue) although not sure, maybe just the Midi. The surprising thing, for an anal retentive like me, was how late they made decisions about where to go and which celebs were available. Le Boat has got some good publicity juice out of it, which is fair enough, at the cost of a few scratches (which is par for the course for any boat hire). I doubt Le Boat would have charged, but the terms of any agreement would have meant nothing too overt which would affected professional programme values. But more to the point from my perspective, is that inland France has come over very well indeed. And that's why I was happy to provide a helping hand.

And for the sake of completeness - https://www.french-waterways.com/boa...ire-boats-faq/ - hope you like our own little video!
    Last edited by Grehan; 12-02-18 at 09:19.

Not managed to watch this yet.

We have hired for late this year in Brittany through Le Boat though and then again next Easter in Belgium as they offered us a deal we just couldn't say no too
    Sealine S23 - Naughty-Cal
    http://naughty-cal.blogspot.co.uk/

I normally have a couple of rules when it comes to watching tv:

1 - never watch anything with 'celebrity' in the title
    2 - never watch channel 5

I actually broke both and watched the first two programmes, have to say I enjoyed it. Some cracking scenery

We had already booked same boat and Le Boat base on the Lot - simply because we were in the area in June. Really pleased about out choice now we have seen the programmes except our boat doesn't have a bow thruster and those Haines boats do not look very controllable.

So we're now talking to the (different) TV company that made the Sir Timothy and Pru 'Great Canal Journeys' . . all very interesting!

....and Penny Smith is still as fanciable as ever.......�� (Not sure Seamus the gardener didn't have his wicked way!)

I enjoyed this series, and they all seemed to get on well which made the show easy to watch compared to shows deliberately going for the argument factor.
    The incident with the narrow boat in the lock on the last episode did seem staged to me though. Guess a bit of drama adds to the entertainment value.
    Regards Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast