Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Any issues for Liveaboards based in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    The customs check-ins involved when arriving from another Schengen country are usually the same as you might experience when driving from Victoria to NSW.
    However an Australian travelling around europe is strongly advised to get entry and exit stamps from the Schengen area to fully utilise thier 90 days in 180
    If you're not confused, you're probably misinformed

One thought is we spent time in both Portugal and Spain but never more than 183 days. What would the position be if you spent most of your time at anchor and only popped into a marina for fuel and provisions occasionally?

Passports used to be stamped at port of entry which is still the case with non EU visitors so, time starts from that date.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieW View Post
    However an Australian travelling around europe is strongly advised to get entry and exit stamps from the Schengen area to fully utilise thier 90 days in 180
    I suppose it amounts to keeping good logs although the days of physically stamping passports might be numbered. Nowadays, with map plotters and AIS, is taking a sceenshot, including lat/long, wherever you anchor, stop, leave a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by IanCalling View Post
    I suppose it amounts to keeping good logs although the days of physically stamping passports might be numbered. Nowadays, with map plotters and AIS, is taking a sceenshot, including lat/long, wherever you anchor, stop, leave a good idea?
    Depends how good your command of the language for the country whose immigration official youre trying to persuade is I'd agree that actual stamping will decline but it would still be a requirement to enter or leave a country through a defined port of entry where your passport can be scanned
    If you're not confused, you're probably misinformed

If you anchor within the 12 mile range you are still in the country, I believe?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456