Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Antifouling!

Default Re: Antifouling!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Indeed. I sort of regret having supported mikef suggestion to lightly powerwash the hull.
    Even if it's obviously harder to tell from some pics rather than seeing the hull in flesh, I would have never expected a light powerwash to remove that much a/f.
    Unless they can't handle a LIGHT powerwash (but it ain't rocket science...), their suggestion to refresh the old a/f actually made sense.
    I'm afraid you will now experience a pretty fast hull growth in the next weeks, with the warm summer water...
    Hindsight is a great thing, of course.

PS: is the boat already back in the water? If not, I'd rather put at least one hand of fresh a/f on the hull.
    It's back in the water now. We'll see how it goes, worse case will be another quick lift for a scrub. Going for contrasting colours for each layer does appear to be a useful wear indicator though!

Quote Originally Posted by Croftie View Post
    Touch of the Gerald Ratner ehh Pete??

People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total cr@p"
    An outrageous slur!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Indeed. I sort of regret having supported mikef suggestion to lightly powerwash the hull.
    Even if it's obviously harder to tell from some pics rather than seeing the hull in flesh, I would have never expected a light powerwash to remove that much a/f.
    I must be blind because I can't see that

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Porto, they're my rubbish fender socks. Never got round to replacing them (shocking I know - particular for someone who sells the things)!
    As somebody who bought a set of your fender socks, I'm astounded to hear that

Incidentally they have survived into what I think is their 4th season now. They're looking a bit worn but no tears yet AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    I must be blind because I can't see that
    I suspect that eagle eyed MapisM is referring to the white mottled effect on the port side in photo number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I suspect that eagle eyed MapisM is referring to the white mottled effect on the port side in photo number 1.
    That doesnt look like its been done with a pressure washer, more like been scraped with a pallet knife to get the fouling off in order to avoid pressure washing. Anyway IMHO, any antifoul paint that can't withstand a mid season pressure wash is pretty useless

Interesting Pete, if all goes well, I am looking to get a Princess 45 lifted and AF'd in September, not too impressed with the images of your T34 using M350, which is what I was going to use this time, having been very happy indeed with M77.

So, I may now push for M99. I suppose in your case it could be because only 2c may have been applied, instead of 3. Mmmmm not sure what to do, give M350 a go with 3c or go with M99.

That said some AF work better in different locations, so maybe M350 used in SCM works the best for the fouling in that area? Not entirely sure if that's the case or not, I may decide to go with M350 for comparison as I had previously used M77 several times and definitely managed two seasons on my F43.
    PRINCESS 45

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bav View Post
    John, I got Ross to antifoul ours last year and he got some from the local fisherman's cooperative which you will know. Not sure what it was, but the locals swear by it.

I have some pictures of a lift and scrub we had done last week and was mightily impressed with how little growth there was... Mostly a "light dusting" around the water line.

Hope all goes well with the purchase, and if you need Ross's number pm me.

1) Is your cruising fast (planing) or slow (displacement)? planing 24-27 kn
    2) Where is your boat kept? Spanish med
    3) How many hours a year do you use the boat? 100 mainly summer season
    4) What A/F do you currently use on the hull (hard/soft/make/type)? Micron 350
    5) What A/F do you use on your outdrives / stern gear? Trilux 33
    6) Are you in intending to change to another brand / type? something more effective on the sterndrives maybe?
    7) Have you had any bad experiences with other brands? Since I bought the boat Micron 350 flawless on the hull 2 years now. TK on the sterndrive first time ok. Then Velox fell off. Now Trilux 33, has fallen off partly from props but this summer no fouling due to frequent usage I think
    8) What maintenance regime do you have for the A/F (scrubs/coating frequency)? Yearly paint on hull. Yearly painting sterndrives. Repainting props once

PM Sent I would be interested in seeing the pictures....
    PRINCESS 45

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112