Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairline Parts

Default Fairline Parts

Fairline have rightly come in for some flack in the past for offering a poor parts service. Based on the consignment of various obscure goodies (original red and white fender tails, bathroom cabinet hinges, washer nozzles, locker stays, cockpit drinks holder) that I received today it would appear that these days seem to be behind them. They're never going to be really cheap and it might take a few weeks for them to source the parts but at least they can supply them again.

As a reminder, you need to order through one of the dealers or Bates Wharf (who I ordered through). The factory don't deal with retail customers directly (not even me)!

Default Re: Fairline Parts

I'm still waiting for bates to get back to me... been waiting weeks already

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Fairline have rightly come in for some flack in the past for offering a poor parts service. Based on the consignment of various obscure goodies (original red and white fender tails, bathroom cabinet hinges, washer nozzles, locker stays, cockpit drinks holder) that I received today it would appear that these days seem to be behind them. They're never going to be really cheap and it might take a few weeks for them to source the parts but at least they can supply them again.

As a reminder, you need to order through one of the dealers or Bates Wharf (who I ordered through). The factory don't deal with retail customers directly (not even me)!
    Fairline Targa 43 "Harley"

They are shocking.

I was quoted a price for seats by the factory (£3500k odd ). Factory decided then to simply not reply. All I wanted was for someone to take my money.

Eventually Bates got involved after I emailed all and sundry saying this was getting really rude if nothing else.

A rather disgruntled md of Bates called me moaning he was making no money out of the deal and took payment.

Many months go by and no seats. I email. They email factory etc. In the end I just called Capital Seating and found out what was going on ( who could not take my order in the first place due to the deal with Fairline ) and finally got them.

I donít know Bates from Adam but the whole Fairline parts thing is very broken. I donít normally bother posting tales of woe on here but Pete your post sadly does not reflect reality as confirmed by the post above.

I appreciate they want to build new boats but they need to support owners who remember by parts ( even if not Fairline specific - switches, filters etc ) constantly. The factory from the build sheet knows 100% what this part is so there is the oportunity for a decent business here and more importantly establishing customer loyalty and relationship.

I have had 3 fairlines, one brand new. With service like this and boats.co.uk not in the middle of the deal to just fix it I see issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian MacAulay View Post
    I'm still waiting for bates to get back to me... been waiting weeks already

Ian
    What parts are you waiting for Ian?

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    They are shocking.

I was quoted a price for seats by the factory (£3500k odd ). Factory decided then to simply not reply. All I wanted was for someone to take my money.

Eventually Bates got involved after I emailed all and sundry saying this was getting really rude if nothing else.

A rather disgruntled md of Bates called me moaning he was making no money out of the deal and took payment.

Many months go by and no seats. I email. They email factory etc. In the end I just called Capital Seating and found out what was going on ( who could not take my order in the first place due to the deal with Fairline ) and finally got them.

I don’t know Bates from Adam but the whole Fairline parts thing is very broken. I don’t normally bother posting tales of woe on here but Pete your post sadly does not reflect reality as confirmed by the post above.

I appreciate they want to build new boats but they need to support owners who remember by parts ( even if not Fairline specific - switches, filters etc ) constantly. The factory from the build sheet knows 100% what this part is so there is the oportunity for a decent business here and more importantly establishing customer loyalty and relationship.

I have had 3 fairlines, one brand new. With service like this and boats.co.uk not in the middle of the deal to just fix it I see issues.
    J, I agree there's no excuse for rudeness. As I tell people, don't email the factory as they do not supply direct to the public. The only way to get this to work is to order from Bates and make them chase on your behalf. If it's not working then you know Russell's contact details and Richard Bates is very approachable too.

Turning away from my issue for this to work there needs to be a real catalogue on line.

If not you will end up with a long speculative email chain. I for example needed drinks holders. I just got them made. No idea hey still sold hem for non production boats etc. They may have all sorts of things but I suspect that to most of us approaching the factory is vendor of last resort when we have run out of all other options.

Before they went bust the last Fairline parts bloke was amazing. On the phone he told you what it was how much and they offered free shipping worldwide to any dealer.

After sorting what you needed you then involved the dealer last wth the order

It will always be like this as the dealer does not have the same records and knowledge as the factory.

I dont often post on here but I thought I would chime in on this on and say that its not what you know, it's who you know. It seems that everyone is overlooking the most reliable source of Fairline parts. Heather@hcsmarine.com She has a wealth of knowledge of all things Fairline, particularly the older models and more importantly access to most of the parts!!! She usually gets things done in a very timely manner and works best with Email communication which also rules out the human error of unrecorded conversation. I have sourced lots of obscure parts from her without incident and would reccomend her without hesitation
    Give her a try. Heather@hcsmarine.com

Quote Originally Posted by magichands View Post
    I dont often post on here but I thought I would chime in on this on and say that its not what you know, it's who you know. It seems that everyone is overlooking the most reliable source of Fairline parts. Heather@hcsmarine.com She has a wealth of knowledge of all things Fairline, particularly the older models and more importantly access to most of the parts!!! She usually gets things done in a very timely manner and works best with Email communication which also rules out the human error of unrecorded conversation. I have sourced lots of obscure parts from her without incident and would reccomend her without hesitation
    Give her a try. Heather@hcsmarine.com
    Shame she didn't reply to my email when I was after some fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Turning away from my issue for this to work there needs to be a real catalogue on line.

If not you will end up with a long speculative email chain. I for example needed drinks holders. I just got them made. No idea hey still sold hem for non production boats etc. They may have all sorts of things but I suspect that to most of us approaching the factory is vendor of last resort when we have run out of all other options.

Before they went bust the last Fairline parts bloke was amazing. On the phone he told you what it was how much and they offered free shipping worldwide to any dealer.

After sorting what you needed you then involved the dealer last wth the order

It will always be like this as the dealer does not have the same records and knowledge as the factory.
    J, you do realise that a lot of commonly required parts can be ordered online....

http://www.bateswharfparts.co.uk/pro...gory/fairline/

You can even order steering wheels!

Even the burgees that I had made for Fairline!

As you know there is a BOM (Build of Manufacturer) for each boat built that lists all of parts that went into the build. The factory hold all of these, I'm not sure if Bates have copies.

As for drinks holders, I asked for an "aft cockpit drinks holder in green" and it arrived a few weeks later (made to order by the original supplier). As I've said before, (old) Fairline made the mistake of letting the suppliers own the IPR for some of the parts so FL are sometimes constrained when they want to order parts.

Pete

Couple of experiences to add balance to find the norm .
    Sunseeker although changing owner s and constantly re vamping ,more so recently , we’re good .
    Just quote the HIN , either in the SoF a large field site open to to punters in an industrial zone a miles back ,or direct with the factory .
    Daft little plastic things ,like Mozzi net clip holders ( kids # pillow fighting ! ) - post a bag and do,not even invoice .
    Me smashing the lenses in IMO rear NAV light —- Ok tried googling could not source —- SOF site had a box full , not labelled , so take the box ( about 20 versions ) and return .
    Bill for €40 some months later .
    Sealand dreaded Vac flush bog parts parts —- hold stock ( rapidly shifting items - infact in the SoF they have a dedicated bog engineer ! )
    So alls happy with SS in the SoF .It was as you would expect the after market support .

Itama
    Ferretti grp bought it in 2005 ish and move production around Italy not once ,but twice ,they also were aggressively buying up other brands , re structured time n time again at one point an Italian bank owned most of it , finally Chinese sugar daddy wades in .In all but name , they were bust ,and there was a lot of upheaval back and front of house .

Top heavy PR dept - suspect a kick back from Ferretti North America — customer service “ have a nice day “ —- sounds daft in a Italian accent btw when you ring Italy
    Face book , internet , PW protected sites , Bill gates and Mark Zuckerburg will be proud of them

Once you get caught up in the marketing dept at a boat show or inquiry — your knackered re “ newsletter s “ bombing you
    Ok we accepted 2x invites to the Monaco preview and free for all on water testing etc — nice and Tnx btw !

But coming to the point
    Parts —- nope
    Yup nope , “ no can do - have a nice day “ - “ we don,t hold the records “
    “ i am afraid your boat is before we took over ( 2005 ) and we have no records “
    “ I,am sorry we can,t help you - we only deal with xyz “

So they wine n dine you literally presume in the hope of a sale ? But the aftercare shutter comes down
    Anyways as it happens there’s a whole repair / refit infrastructure by XL marine and others in the same Factory in Roma , same guys .
    I found out eventually via an Itama owners forum , not by Ferretti .
    So I am Ok now .
    Last edited by Portofino; 16-02-18 at 10:31.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast