Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What antifoul are you using this year?

Quote Originally Posted by wotayottie View Post
    Same as the one I applied in 2010 - Coppercoat.
    I'd probably give it a go if I were going to keep this boat for a few years, but have a plan for an upgrade before too long.

Hello

I went to a talk about antifouling last night at Cardiff Bay Yacht Club given by AkzoNobel(International) and they said you should use cleaner (Fairy Liquid) as well to remove residue,

Used Cruiser UNO last year with reasonable success, with mooring time split 50/50 between Southsea Marina and Port Solent.

Am trying Seajet Shogun 033 this year - She's been back in the water a week now, so we'll see what happens over the next few months. Would like to give Coppercoat a go, but it's a big outlay, and i've got better things to spend the money on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Carter View Post
    Hello

I went to a talk about antifouling last night at Cardiff Bay Yacht Club given by AkzoNobel(International) and they said you should use cleaner (Fairy Liquid) as well to remove residue,
    Interesting, thanks, I'll do that.

First year of antifouling my new boat so have been giving this much thought - particularly as whatever was put on it last year does not seem to have been fit for purpose. After enquiries among the local race fleet I'm going to give Flag Performance Extra a try. Also had recommendations for Nautical A4 and International Offshore with Teflon.

Coppercoat for me, applied in 2010 and cleaned off a bit at the end of the year. I don't race mind you and have a slow boat so I value ease and safety over slipperyness
    A boat is for going places

I'm not sure if I'm cracking up but I'm convinced that I attached a link to the PBO test of paints in post #7.

Anyway, here 'tis:-

http://www.pbo.co.uk/gear/pbo-great-...showdown-26053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12