Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Flat GRP seat panel supplier

If it's a seat base I imagine this won't be seen. Therefore why not do wood and paint. Easy strong and cheap. Or have I missed somthing?

Quote Originally Posted by trialframe View Post
    We've just had a stainless steel additional seat structure added to the flybridge of our Nordhavn 43. I now need a flat white GRP panel around 85x35x1.5cm to form the seat base. I'm struggling to find a supplier/manufacturer for this. The boat is based in Dorset. Any info on this would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Suggest Alistair Simpson in Davis's Boatyard just inside the entrance to Cobbs Quay on the right.
    Last edited by Tranona; 18-02-18 at 11:24.

My answer would be to find an old abandoned grp boat and take a battery powered angle grinder with you and cut out a section of deck or roof

Quote Originally Posted by trialframe View Post
    Just to clarify - ideally I would like a custom made seat pad rather than fabricate one myself out of some kind of plastic sheet material. I have already emailed ECF & they said it's not something that they could do. I also tried Fibreglass UK Ltd & they wanted 550 plus vat which I thought was over the top. Another company based in Shaftesbury has promised to email a quote but I've had nothing back after quite a while. Paul Shotton as recommended above may be worth trying then.
    It feels very much like you would be better using plastic plywood/kingboard than GRP. But if you want Grp there are plenty of custom suppliers. I've used plenty of these suppliers, but 550 is very much the right price for this and if you want both sides in flat gel coat then 550 is cheap, so I'll refrain from listing them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12