Default Peelaway Marine Stripper for Antifouling (PBO New Gear Mar 2018)

I started a thread titled "Peelaway 7 Stripper......." in error so please accept my appology. Here goes with the real thing. I read the Practical Boat Owner artical in the Mar 2018 edition about the use of Peelaway Marine Stripper but could find no reference to the area covered by a given amount of the stripper. I have measaged PBO (twice) and Bainbridge Marine (twice) but neither has replied. VicS did reply to my post (thanks Vic) but I am still confused as he was refering to Peelaway 7 and added litres into the mix.
    I have a 21ft fast motor cruiser with 8' 6" beam. I estimate the wetted area as about 14m sq. So my question is: how much stripper should I buy to cover this area in the expectation that it will cover, if not strip, the whole area? If I bought a 10kg tub, how many 1 x 1m blankets would I get with it? Is there anything else I should know? I don't want to be half way through the job ordering more stripper. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Peelaway Marine Stripper for Antifouling (PBO New Gear Mar 2018)

Its a new product so very probably little or no expereince of using it by forum members.

The video does say that a test patch must be done to determine the dwell time and application depth so there is probably no answer to the question of how much should you buy. It will depend on the results from the test patch !

However why not contact Barrettine directly with your questions using the phone number or the "contact us" button on the website

If you go ahead and use it please do report back

Yes. I will do that. I was thrown by the link from PBO to Bainbridge. Thanks again for your input. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJS View Post
    Yes. I will do that. I was thrown by the link from PBO to Bainbridge. Thanks again for your input. :-)
    Bainbridge say 1kg does 1 sq metre but they repeat the advice to do a test patch

http://www.bainbridgemarine.com/Item...PartNo=PEAM010

Hi Martyn,
    Just had an email from my contact @ Bainbridge asking me to pass this on:
    "Please email info@bainbridgeint.co.uk FAO Peter Bambury as we would like to help you with any questions you have regarding the Peelaway product."
    Hope that helps....
    Regards,

Andrew