Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Crew seeking sites ?

[QUOTE=rtboss1;6410245]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    So you don't need CREW, just PAYING PASSENGERS; are you sure you and your boat are qualified for this ?[/

You are a silly man as usual you know little about what you are talking about.

Each Sailing Opportunity lists the financial arrangement as decided by the skipper/owner. This means how much Crew are expected to pay, if any, towards the cost of being aboard.

Crewseekers sailing opportunities use the following definitions for financial arrangements:

No contribution required = all on board costs are covered are by the yacht owner.
    Shared contribution = all on board costs are shared on basis.
    Working passage = the yacht owner covers all on board costs, but the crew are required to work, ie: more than just watchkeeping.
    Paid position = crew receive payment plus all on board costs covered by yacht owner

Sailing Opportunities listed on Crewseekers should not ask for more than “a reasonable contribution toward the direct daily onboard expenses” and you should not ask Crew for any contribution towards the capital costs of the boat - this would be considered to be a commercial arrangement and different rules would apply. Whilst no exact figure for reasonable contributions is specified in UK legislation, many people think that around 20 per day is not unreasonable, but of course this considerably depending on the exact circumstances. See our feature on Crew Contributions for more information. If you wish to ask Crew to contribute more then you should advertise in our Crewseekers Directory section, although you should be sure that

If you wish to ask Crew to contribute more then you should advertise in our Crewseekers Directory section, although you should be sure that you comply with the relevant codes of practice for commercial vessels and that your insurance covers such commercial use.
    Here's a wild idea; how about trying to be civil before resorting to insults to someone you don't know - and you'll need more than shouty behavior if you turn up with less crew than you started with
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

[QUOTE=Seajet;6417625]
    Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post

Here's a wild idea; how about trying to be civil before resorting to insults to someone you don't know - and you'll need more than shouty behavior if you turn up with less crew than you started with
    Last edited by rtboss1; 01-05-18 at 06:57.
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

I would recommend Crewbay.com
    However.. I fear I got here a little too late... and I'm little bias towards Crewbay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234