Default eberspacher D3L connections help please

Hi

I picked up a bargain working (i hope) eber D3L. Just checking - which pipe coming into the base of the unit is the fuel in and what's the other small pipe for - unspent fuel back to tank or?

and which connections go where on the thermostat? once i've got the connections together and joined the (looks to be cut) cable then i'll bench test it

I've got some photos but they won't upload which implies that the aren't the right size - i'll have a fiddle with them

ta v much

Default Re: eberspacher D3L connections help please

Quote Originally Posted by niccapotamus View Post

I picked up a bargain working (i hope) eber D3L. Just checking - which pipe coming into the base of the unit is the fuel in and what's the other small pipe for - unspent fuel back to tank or?
    The fuel in connection is the smaller diameter pipe in your photo, the one which appears to have a jubilee clip on it. The other hose is an air vent.

You would benefit from downloading a copy of the various installation and repair manuals - these will help you with wiring. You can download them from the Butler Technik website.

thanks. one problem solved

the colours aren't the same as the wiring in the manual

I think I have guessed right - i'm going to try to get it running at home before installation I think