Default Essex boat jumble

Is on today if anybody has forgotten / is stuck for something to do.

I've never been to one before so looking forward to seeing what is on offer.

Default Re: Essex boat jumble

I hope that you enjoy, but think you will be disappointed.

Boat jumbles have had their day. eBay, Facebook, Forums, Shpock, Boot sales etc etc have taken the trade in old boat bits away and they are in terminal decline. The only one worth going to is Beaulieu, and even that seems to be getting smaller each year.

The local ones, and I have been to a few including both Essex varieties, are literally not worth the entrance fee.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    I hope that you enjoy, but think you will be disappointed.

Boat jumbles have had their day. eBay, Facebook, Forums, Shpock, Boot sales etc etc have taken the trade in old boat bits away and they are in terminal decline. The only one worth going to is Beaulieu, and even that seems to be getting smaller each year.

The local ones, and I have been to a few including both Essex varieties, are literally not worth the entrance fee.
    Absolutely correct, maximum of around 15 stall selling mostly tat, won't be going again - but at least it was something slightly boat related to do in the cold on a Sunday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by JasperII View Post
    Absolutely correct, maximum of around 15 stall selling mostly tat, won't be going again - but at least it was something slightly boat related to do in the cold on a Sunday morning!
    Thats a shame. I was kind of hoping you might tell me I was wrong. I used to love a local boat jumble, but now only go to Beaulieu, which is still most definitely worth the trip.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Mate went on my behalf and picked up a Raymarine ST40 for a pricey sum of 7 with sun cover so this will be my second depth display on the flybridge as redundancy.

Apparently not much there?
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

Quote Originally Posted by JasperII View Post
    Is on today if anybody has forgotten / is stuck for something to do.

I've never been to one before so looking forward to seeing what is on offer.
    Rats. Just seen this. I am after a 7.5 or 10kgm Bruce as a kedge. Bet there were thirty of them for 10 each ��

Don’t suppose anyone has one, surplus to requirements?

I came away with a stainless steel boarding ladder, horshoe belt with light, polyester resin & some CSM, battery box and a safety harness. Failed to find the cuddly toy, but there was a cement mixer for those needing some concrete ballast on their boat. I actually did better buying there, than I do at Ipswich.
    People are people, regardless of race, colour or creed.