Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122

Thread: Holyhead Marina

Default Re: Holyhead Marina

Quote Originally Posted by TSB240 View Post
    Some pretty horrible pictures of sunken boats ...... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783651691942748/ ...
    The pictures are a stark reminder just how vulnerable our yachts are to being total write offs. It is such a shame to see these yachts wrecked, sunk, partially afloat. The picture of the Dufour in pieces and some of the steel workboats suggests that material type was of little relevance. Quite sad really.
    "'...contradictions .... are deliberate exercises in doublethink." Orwell from 1984

| friend sent me this picture yesterday. He tells me that there are about 3 boats per day being lifted from their watery graves. Really dreadful situation for all, so sad to see,

Quote Originally Posted by lw395 View Post
    I would imagine there is a valid counterclaim that the marina failed to provide the shelter that yacht ownerss were paying for...
    And I suspect there's some small print about extreme events, "force majeure" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by penberth3 View Post
    And I suspect there's some small print about extreme events, "force majeure" or something like that.
    It seems generally accepted that it was only a F9. So "Force majeure" seems a slim argument.

Quote Originally Posted by penberth3 View Post
    There's bound to be a court case before too long, no doubt along the lines of not fit for purpose or something similar to determine if any fault. What's going to happen with the wrecks? Metal (keels engines etc) can be salvaged and weighed in but what about the hulls, landfill?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    ... but what about the hulls, landfill?
    Sell them on eBay as restoration projects.

A Holyhead Casualty for sale on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FARR-45-R...YAAOSwrhha7I5X
    If I'd wanted to live in a Banana Republic I'd have gone to South America.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122