Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Deletion

Default Thread Deletion

Now i suspect some moderator will now delete this thread, but anyway !

There was a thread Zar Mini. I will not recount the storey other than to say someone was having difficulties with the company.

There have been ranting threads in the past where deletion was not really a surprise ( in particular where the company concerned had tried to make reasonable suggestions that were then passed over - I think it was a Bavaria thread? ) however this appeared relatively factual ( the poster I don't think was a native english speaker) and on the face of it - subject to clarification from the poster the situation did not seem great.

I wonder why YBW chooses to censor this type of post? There is I would imagine community interest?

I wonder if the moderators would care to reply.

This is not a post aiming to incite rebellion or anything else, I am simply interested in why and where they draw the line.

Its not dissimilar to boat reviews - they are always "rock steady in a force 6" and so on - and i do feel that they only wish to publish the rosy side of life. That of course is their prerogative when writing a magazine ( but look how popular the marmite Mr Clarkson is - if the car is total cr** he will say so, hence the reviews can be trusted).

In life things happen, companies and people make mistakes, and companies and people put them right and usually emerge stronger for the experience.

YBW could also turn this into a positive just like the news papers do with solving problems with banks.

Suspend it to investigate. Call the company, try and solve it, then emerge as the hero for sotting it out. If not publish that the company told them to go away - which is exactly what the national news papers do ...

Just a thought!

Default Re: Thread Deletion

+1

V.
    ps J., I'll give the thread 6h max

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    YBW could also turn this into a positive just like the news papers do with solving problems with banks.

Suspend it to investigate. Call the company, try and solve it, then emerge as the hero for sotting it out. If not publish that the company told them to go away - which is exactly what the national news papers do ...
    +1

So my comment on the Zar thread was pretty accurate then
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

It seems to have been Un Deleted! Well done JRidge.

Now i suspect some moderator will now delete this thread, but anyway !

There was a thread Zar Mini. I will not recount the storey other than to say someone was having difficulties with the company.

There have been ranting threads in the past where deletion was not really a surprise ( in particular where the company concerned had tried to make reasonable suggestions that were then passed over - I think it was a Bavaria thread? ) however this appeared relatively factual ( the poster I don't think was a native english speaker) and on the face of it - subject to clarification from the poster the situation did not seem great.

I wonder why YBW chooses to censor this type of post? There is I would imagine community interest?

I wonder if the moderators would care to reply.

This is not a post aiming to incite rebellion or anything else, I am simply interested in why and where they draw the line.

Its not dissimilar to boat reviews - they are always "rock steady in a force 6" and so on - and i do feel that they only wish to publish the rosy side of life. That of course is their prerogative when writing a magazine ( but look how popular the marmite Mr Clarkson is - if the car is total cr** he will say so, hence the reviews can be trusted).

In life things happen, companies and people make mistakes, and companies and people put them right and usually emerge stronger for the experience.

Just a thought!
    it was posted by a new user - give the mods a break.

they've suspended it, investigated and put it back. Looks like a good show to me.

but look how popular the marmite Mr Clarkson is - if the car is total cr** he will say so, hence the reviews can be trusted.
    I know of a man who would beg to differ..!

https://youtu.be/OTqzFa8Nybc

https://youtu.be/pQkJpRCvdjs
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

I did say he was Marmite!

I like him other than the adult jokes in Grand Tour - which given there is a huge kids audience is a shame!

I like him too, the point I was making was whether in fact his reviews can be trusted. Tesla's experience (if true) would rather suggest otherwise.

I think he's an extremely clever man and a terrific entertainer...
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    I like him too, the point I was making was whether in fact his reviews can be trusted. Tesla's experience (if true) would rather suggest otherwise.

I think he's an extremely clever man and a terrific entertainer...
    If you are talking about JC bring him back to the BBC he is wasted on Amazon

Dennis
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast