Default Havengore Update

Havengore Bridge – Status Update

Over the past two weeks, we’ve been working with our new contractor to rectify known faults and identify any additional faults that may cause the bridge mechanism to fail. The faults are intermittent, which has made identifying the root cause difficult, but problems have been found with:

• the tail locks
    • the road safety barriers
    • the wig-wag warning lights

The malfunction of any one of these components is capable of creating an error in the control programme, rendering the bridge inoperable.

We’re pleased to report that good progress is being made to address the faults and return the bridge to working order. There’s still some work needed to complete repairs to the barriers and we’ve put a work around in place for the lights pending full repair, but we’re confident that the 6 week downtime that we estimated on 16 February will be reduced, and hope to be in a position to declare the bridge operational by the end of next week.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult period, and will issue a further update as soon as possible.

Nicki Uden – Community Liaison Officer, SHOEBURYNESS RANGE
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Default Re: Havengore Update

Does one sense that the problems may not have been so much with the bridge, but with the previous contractor?

Quite! Seems to me it was once simpler for the bridge keeper to close some barriers. I am afraid I am too old to understand that IT is a benefit.

"The world is wider than an iPhone!"

Quote Originally Posted by tillergirl View Post
    I am afraid I am too old to understand that IT is a benefit.
    Jolly good. We'll look forward to your future NtM summaries and CTTE updates individually handwritten on vellum with goose quill!

Quote Originally Posted by tillergirl View Post
    Quite! Seems to me it was once simpler for the bridge keeper to close some barriers. I am afraid I am too old to understand that IT is a benefit.

"The world is wider than an iPhone!"
    ...says the man who is pushing the limits of Excel with the source data for CTTE!!!
    Larry Botheras

Colvic Victor 35 "Gladys"

That's supposed to be a secret! But anyway I am going to get rid of Windows 10 and reload Windows 3.1. Do you remember when things worked those days. Fortunately I have a disc of 3.1.

I am tempted to run a Vote: How many people crossed the Thames Estuary without GPS?

I have decided I hate modern ideas - remember when a boat stayed afloat by dint of cotton and putty ('dint' auto changes to 'don't' - isn't it annoying?). Does Larry remember when it was easy to change a water tank pipe quickly. Buy wood. It makes sense.

Grump, grump, grump....