Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

Default Anyone recommend a installer for tek deck or simular?

Having failed to elicit a response from the man in my marina boatyard, see above.

I need to replace the teakish type stuff in my cockpit...

Default Re: Anyone recommend a installer for tek deck or simular?

I believe there is an installer for Flexiteak at thornbury marina near emsworth and for decking at Emsworth but other suppliers exist . We have been very pleased with our Flexiteak having had fitted since new in place of choosing real teak . Have seen Flexiteak being restroom installed on Hanse boats regularly at Hamble point . I think an article appeared on different flexiteak type products in one of the sailing mags recently in case of interest.

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England

I haven't used them, but I was talking to Wilks from Tollesbury at the Boat show in January. They handed me a brochure with contact details for Wilks and the name dek-king, but also a business card for James Grant and a company name of Sea-Dek http://www.sea-dek.co.uk. I suspect dek-king is the product and Sea-Dek part of Wilks.

By all means give us a call. Harbour Marine Services Southwold. Ask for John.
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

Had Dek-King fitted to our Broom last year by NYA (Brundall). Having ownwd two boats with Teak the first with copious amounts I was in two minds that I would ever get used to it but looking at the latest generations from Wilks it really is good stuff. I can't say I miss the upkeep of real teak and this has a grain in it so feels more like teak. A far cry from the 'Lino' look that I first saw years ago.

Wilks Dek King weathered teak ,installed last year ..Excellent product.
    Experience with James ,of Seadek , not so good .
    Bits let in and wide then narrow seam widths, made it a messy Job.

I used the company from Tollesbury. The technical chap was named Troy if I remember rightly. I think it was Dek-King. I didn't see the need to go for panel margins on my little project but can on a fancier project. I just did cockpit seats, transom as panels and it worked a treat.
    I bought a roll of plain wall paper, cut it roughly to shape then fitted it over the areas I wanted. Then I marked out the areas precisely, cut out the shapes, rolled them up and posted them off.
    The stuff came back and I stuck it in place with their adhesive and instructions - all very simple. Just make sure you get the black lines all aligned on contiguous panels by drawing arrows on your templates or whatever other method you can agree with the supplier.
    A piece of cake. Really happy and spruced up our little 29 foot Jeanneau a treat.

Had my Dehler cockpit teak seats & cockpit sole non-slip replaced 3 years ago with Dek-King.

Cut to shape & fitted by James Gant of Sea-Dek, after I removed the old teak-faced ply myself (they'll do it but charge accordingly).

Superb product & service.

65C8C111-7AD8-42B4-9B57-A2EA65450C59.jpg65C8C111-7AD8-42B4-9B57-A2EA65450C59.jpgI had the cockpit of my Sadler 29 done by Oliver of Rofix Ltd. In Flexiteak.

photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast