Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Lifejacket Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by ncounties View Post
    I recently bought a Crewsaver Ergofit 190 Offshore. I am looking to buy a PLB but am struggling to determine which (other than the McMurdo) fit on it. Does anyone know whether the MOB1 is compatible with it? I cant find anything with a Google Search. Thanks.
    If it helps widen your choice Spinlock do pouches which fit onto lifejackets, I have one to carry my PLB, another knife and a universal killcord, it fits snug to my body at rib level.

Quote Originally Posted by mm42 View Post
    If it helps widen your choice Spinlock do pouches which fit onto lifejackets, I have one to carry my PLB, another knife and a universal killcord, it fits snug to my body at rib level.
    Many thanks for the suggestion - Ill check them out.

I have a white water buoyancy aid that I use for kayaking, for use on the tender and the boat. I also have kru self inflating for the boat and guests. I like the buoyancy aid for freedom of movement and I know that there is no way its going to fail to inflate! Being white water, it also has a built in harness and very solid ring, as well as attachment points and pockets for equipment. I guess i am personally more comfortable in a Buoyancy aid but with the full knowledge that if I get knocked out and go in I could end up face down! Horses for courses but in the tender I would always go with the Buoyancy aid, with an inflated life jacket you probably couldn't even haul yourself back in, that's difficult enough with just a wetsuit on!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123