Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flybridge Speakers

Hi,

I took charge of a Fairline Phantom 43 last autumn and still getting used to all the systems.

The stereo wasn't working when acquired, so I replaced that recently, with all the wiring being fairly standard car stereo connections.

The boat has two speakers in the saloon and another two on the flybridge. At the moment the two in the saloon work fine (not great quality, but functioning), whereas I have been unable to get the two on the flybridge working. Since it would be wasteful/antisocial to be playing music outside if you were just in the saloon I was wondering if setups tended to have some kind of isolation switches for the flybridge speakers. I expect it'll be upgrading all the speakers at some point in any case, but would appreciate it if anyone knows whether there is such an isolation switch (and where I might find it on a phantom 43) so that i'm able to test any new installations.

Cheers,

Sorabain

Default Re: Flybridge Speakers

I use a Fusion marine stereo which has zoned outputs. In your case you'd have a zone for the saloon, and another for the fly. You can add a remote controller on the fly so that you can independently control the sound up there.

You might find that the speakers have been wired up front and rear / saloon and flybridge, or reverse. (Basic version of Jimmy's fusion zones)

In which case you should be able to use the fader on the stereo to mute one or the other.

Someone was selling some good Fusion gear on here recently, not sure if it's still available but seemed a good set up.

I have just installed the 7 inch fusions on the flybridge, which use the under seat area in effect as a baffle.

The sound, in particular the bass, has exceeded my expectation.

They are driven by a Fusion RA205.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Reflections View Post
    You might find that the speakers have been wired up front and rear / saloon and flybridge, or reverse. (Basic version of Jimmy's fusion zones)

In which case you should be able to use the fader on the stereo to mute one or the other.

Someone was selling some good Fusion gear on here recently, not sure if it's still available but seemed a good set up.
    The fader is the way I control the flybridge speakers on Eos.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    I now have visions of DJ Longjohnsilver giving it large on the ones and twos...

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Thanks all, it sounds like the flybridge speakers might simply be dead rather than some hidden switch that I cannot find. Will have a think about what I want to do next: whether to replace the speakers alone or the whole system for something meatier.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by sorabain View Post
    Thanks all, it sounds like the flybridge speakers might simply be dead rather than some hidden switch that I cannot find. Will have a think about what I want to do next: whether to replace the speakers alone or the whole system for something meatier.
    It won't be a seperate hidden switch, it'll be in the 'menu' of the stereo. Quite often you have to scroll through bass/treble/balance/fader. Once you get to fader, you should be able to then alter it between the two sets of speakers.
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast