Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Default Re: Magnum RIP

I wanted to add my own tribute to Mark and how shocked I was, I met him and the family at the Southampton boat show and told them how I had followed there trip down to Spain over the last year, I am so sorry to hear this sad news and have been locked out of my account on here for the last week or would have posted sooner.
    So Sad and a great guy and my best to his family.

I'm only picking up on this now as i've been posting from my mobile for the past few days.

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

RIP Magnum. And condolences to his Wife / Family.

I never met Magnum, only exchanged a few PM's. He was a real asset to this forum and I loved his no-nonsense personality (and his passion for anything that floats).

I hope his family read this forum / thread so that they can realise how liked / respected Magnum was within the community.

On a side note, when Magnum and I were exchanging PM's in the past, I realised that I was one of his first ever customers for one of his technology companies. As a young teenager, all of my pocket money was spend buying hardware from him. I still have a unit here (my first build) which I kept for nostalgic reasons.

RIP Magnum, keep an eye on the rest of us up there.

I was eagerly awaiting his blog updates.......which I followed with great interest.

He had a way of involving you as if you were there.

My condolences to his wife, son's and daughter.

Claire and the Kids, -- stay strong , Im absolutely shocked but my own feelings are nothing compared to what you are going through.

Totally ashamed that I am 3 weeks out of date as Mark and I had been discussing and joking about his latest plans ( "and how to out-bling another forumite' ) a few days before. I've never heard him happier and his self-content and joie-de-vivre never so apparent.

Condolences to Claire , their daughter and the boys.

Oh what sad news, have swapped a few mails and chats with Mark over the years and loved his enthusiasm for boats and in particular the sharing of his experiences. very very sad.

Never met him, but always nice to read his posts, and this is shockingly bad news. My condolences to the family

As with many others here I never met or indeed even talked to Mark; his posts however spoke for his intelligence, knowledge and love of boats. Life isn't fair and none of us knows what lies just around the corner - live every day to the best.

My condolences to his wife and family.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678