Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat in Summer!

Default Re: OvA 50 Days to go

Due to various issues the boat isn't ready for a longer trip so maybe next year!
    Peter. Formerly known as Alchemist V274.

We're heading over tomorrow - fine weather in May for a change (fingers crossed)

Going on Wednesday on a friend's boat, mine not ready. Hope to arrive Thursday small hours. I believe there is a waiting pontoon somewhere until the lock opens?

Quote Originally Posted by gdallas View Post
    Going on Wednesday on a friend's boat, mine not ready. Hope to arrive Thursday small hours. I believe there is a waiting pontoon somewhere until the lock opens?
    Any reason for going into the upper basin? Unless youre a ‘Classic’ and registered you’d usually stay in the RNSYC just to starboard. I’m pretty sure thats where the other East Coasters will be although unfortunately we can’t make it this year (health issue).
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Murphy View Post
    Any reason for going into the upper basin? Unless youre a ‘Classic’ and registered you’d usually stay in the RNSYC just to starboard. I’m pretty sure thats where the other East Coasters will be although unfortunately we can’t make it this year (health issue).
    You cant access the Mercator Dock / Marina unless a registered entrant
    The Montgomery Dock ( RNSYC ) is the best & local to the event & shops.
    Locking in would be a real pain this w/e

all details here https://www.oostendevooranker.be/en/visit
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Rodger, can you get a lock in after it starts, if you are arriving on Thursday pm? Don't be late for the skippers drinks!

We had issues trying to leave lock on the Sunday morning as there were boats rafted out past the lock gates on the seaward side. Managed to squeeze through with not enough room for fenders!

Quote Originally Posted by hisw View Post
    Roger, can you get a lock in after it starts, if you are arriving on Thursday pm? Don't be late for the skippers drinks!

We had issues trying to leave lock on the Sunday morning as there were boats rafted out past the lock gates on the seaward side. Managed to squeeze through with not enough room for fenders!
    I doubt we will lock-in, too much agro & restrictive for leaving as we will have an eye on the weather.
    expect arrival around 20.00 Thursday, i hope there is room left for a single ECF boat
    Last edited by sailorman; 08-05-18 at 17:38.
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to the 6 boat raft reshuffle after a day of drinking!

We’re here! Plenty of room in RNSYC at the moment. Race crowd in tonight apparently but will be gone in the morning, racing to Ramsgate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast