Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Volvo Penta easy connect

I think to see fuel flow and other information you need a software update on your engine. This was an option when you boat was originally delivered and can be retro done, but I donít think it is cheap.

If it only shows hours in the tacho & there is no option to scroll through different parameters then you will EVC-A, B or B2. The B/B2 generation should work, but if itís A then the interface is waiting for a different adaptor cable to be released to plug it in, which is due later this year.

I believe Iím right in saying that all generations will also transmit engine data to an attached compatible plotter

Easy connect does not have full functionality with early versions of EVC, it also depends on what additional software you already have as to what functions you can get out of it. You also need Volvo Penta fuel gauges to get the range function.

its useful if you have a problem you can email the fault codes and your vessel info to your or the nearest Volvo Penta Dealer.

I think this is snake oil.

They feel they must have an app- but an app gives you nothing more than the plotter ( which nearly all display engine data) and in fact is worse as you now have an iPad hanging around.

http://www.yachtd.com

Sell the kit to connect Volvo engines for circa £200. It works well and does not as far as i know ( not on mine ) need the software upgrade as it is talking directly to the system bus which knows fuel data etc anyway.

I get the impression the volvo easyconnect is aimed at smaller boats that dont already have an mfd/plotter, im half tempted but more for trouble shooting/error codes than actual engine data. But i think my engine is evc b which according to the volvo website wont give any error codes beyond what i can get it to flash out on the evc panel.
    Last edited by julians; 03-06-18 at 18:09.

I have to say I fitted one of these early this year purchased from Andyroonot on this forum and its brill. I can get all the burn data I need plus more importantly fault codes etc and they can ba mailed off instantly to your Volvo engineer. I have just fitted the Simrad xse go12 and I all the data from the easy connect now interfaces with NMEA2000 on the plotter so I get everything displayed on the screen. For the costs well worth it and takes 10 minutes to fit.

Bid of a thread resurrection but a mate bought one for twin D6’s. He can see info on both engines via the app but can only see the port engine on the Simrad gb40 via nmea2000? Anyone in the know got any ideas?

Checked the nmea Diagnostics on the plotter and it says unavailable for engine temp01,engine rpm01 etc....

Hi All,
    Iíve just fitted an Easy Connect to twin D6-370s. It is up and running and working. It talks to my iPhone/iPad app ok and sends all of the key engine data I wanted. I also have it connected by N2k to an old Simrad Chartplotter. All of data is appearing on the MFD, but only for the port engine. Looking at the N2K data channels in the diagnostics on the Simrad, only one (of up to four) data channels for engine data is carrying any data at all. Has anyone come across this at all?

I have seen a Raymarine forum with someone else having the the same problem & Raymarine suggested that the Easy Connect might not be correctly assigning an address to the starboard engine data feed. I have asked Volvo, but currently awaiting a responses.

In relation to the easy connect itself - it is accurate and the app is very easy to use. I donít have the trip computer option switched on my EVCs, but it looks like the functionality for making rapid fuel consumption and range estimates could be very useful indeed (it is making me want to fork out to switch this on). The main reason for getting the easy connect was actually to get the Volvo echo sounder to feed my chartplotter, as Volvoís standard display is too small and largely unreadable!

Best
    Guy.

I have been fighting with this for months. I have d6-350ís, EVC-C, Garmin 7612. The app works just fine but the garmin will only display the port engine. I went back and forth with Volvo and they finally came back and said the problem was with the easy connect. At that time, around November, they said a fix would be out sometime in January. I got an email last week from them saying it now wouldnít be out till August or September. I gave up and bought the old NMEA 2000 gateway. I actually picked it up this afternoon and Iím hoping to install it tomorrow. Itís interesting to hear others having similar problems.

Thanks for the update Alindquist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindquist View Post
    I got an email last week from them saying it now wouldnít be out till August or September.
    Argh! Hoping with a few more complaints they might move faster! Iíll update when we hear back from Volvo Sweden on my query.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast