Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Volvo Penta easy connect

Quote Originally Posted by shielrl View Post
    Having the same issue with only the port D12D EVC motor showing on the displays. I can connect from an Android phone but the passcode box pops up so fast on my iPad then it disappears that I cant type in the passcode. Passcode box and keyboard disappear.
    Hi Shiel,

I actually had the same issue with the original Easy Connect that was sent to me. The issue with mine was that it was from earlier batch of the Easy Connects that had a compatibility problem with anything newer than iOS version 11, which didn't allow the phone to pair properly with the Easy Connect unit. Fortunately my daughter had an old iPad that was still running 10.x, which paired fine & then allowed me to upgrade the firmware (bluetooth to iPad; with the iPad using my iPhone's hotspot).

After doing that I was able to pair with the unit fine using the latest iOS version on my phone. Note though that even after the firmware upgrade, it was still not using the correct NMEA addressing, so only the port engine would show up. As per my post earlier in this thread, this second problem was *only* fixed by getting a brand new unit that Volspec tracked down for me.

Hope that helps!
    best
    g.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was on travel.
    So I sent that Easy Connect gateway back and got another unit. Connected right up to the iPad Pro, updated the firmware on the gateway and see data on both motors from Easy Connect software. On both 7212's and both GMI 20s I still only see the port motor. Auto and manual config on the 7212s. Even if I hook the gateway up on the SB HCU I see port data. That tells me the EVC multilink is working, the app is working and data from both motors is making to the gateway and IPad. The issue appears to be the gateway not sending SB motor info on the NMEA bus.

As for the NMEA GPS issue, I have the same problem with the new gateway and GPS 17X (nmea 2k version, not HVS 0183) dropping out on all displays as soon as the gateway comes on. It returns as soon as I turn off the gateway.

2007 D12D-D MP's Chassis # 063061, Serial # 1012606994 EVC-C1/2

I'm in the US so I can't order from Volspec. I did explain the issue to Pacific Power and the route you took with Volspec. Did Volspec mention how or what they had to do or say to Volvo to get an updated unit?

I'm in the US so I can't order from Volspec. I did explain the issue to Pacific Power and the route you took with Volspec. Did Volspec mention how or what they had to do or say to Volvo to get an updated unit?
    Iíll have a proper look at this tomorrow when Iím on the office. Are Pacific Power a Volvo Penta Dealer and if so, do you have an e-mail address for them, because Iíll send them the solution for the missing engine data from the interface to the nav gear.

The GPS dropping out is not something Iíve heard of though! How have you connected the interface to the plotter?

Iíll ask Andy from Volspec what he had to do but he did mention that he had to get in contact with Volvo hq in Sweden to get them to recognise the issue and sort out a replacement. Iíll update when I hear back from him, best guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyroonot View Post
    Iíll have a proper look at this tomorrow when Iím on the office. Are Pacific Power a Volvo Penta Dealer and if so, do you have an e-mail address for them, because Iíll send them the solution for the missing engine data from the interface to the nav gear.

The GPS dropping out is not something Iíve heard of though! How have you connected the interface to the plotter?
    I'm working with Steve in the Volvo Dept.
    At Pacific Power. He knows his stuff and has the same unit on his boat. Can I PM or send you his address directly? I dont want to post it openly without his approval.

Thanks Guido999, that be helpful..

Yep, send me his e-mail address by PM & Iíll get in touch direct to confirm how to sort the single engine data issue.

It would be useful if you could confirm how you have connected the NMEA2K output from the interface to the rest of your system, as Iíve never had the GPS drop out so can only assume something isnít connected the right way?

Update from Volvo Easy Connect team..

Hello
    Our support team sent the following answer:

If you have Gateway PN 23096384 then it belongs to GEN 1. PN 23489948 belongs to the Gateway Gen 2. There is a bug that is fixed in GEN2 which can explain what you are experiencing.

When it comes to HW so we ask the customer to turn to the dealer who has a service bulletin with all the information.

So they suggested that your case should be handled by dealer. Reason for that is they should have more knowledge about hardware equipment also, they can get support from Volvo Penta if they are unable to handle issue by themselves.

Sounds like I need a newer unit. Is that what your seeing Andy?

Yes, thatís correct. So you need to speak with your contact at Pacific Power-I shared the information I had and so he should be able to get the unit that works and supply it to you; that said, I havenít actually had a response from him so donít know for certain whether he got my mail?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast