Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Volvo Penta easy connect

Andy

It looks like Steve from PPG is on vacation. I'm working with Chad now and neither of us can find the part numbers the Volvo folks are telling us we need. Can you forward him that message? Ill PM you his email.

Quote Originally Posted by shielrl View Post
    If you have Gateway PN 23096384 then it belongs to GEN 1. PN 23489948 belongs to the Gateway Gen 2. There is a bug that is fixed in GEN2 which can explain what you are experiencing.
    Thanks for the helpful information here. Just ordered the easy connect from the main dealer here in denmark a week ago and unfortunately on arrival it seems from the part number they sent me the Gen 1 version.

Does anyone know if the first generation interface is certain not to work and give correct NMEA 2000 data in a double engine installation (so I may as well return it immediately) or is it an error only in some installations, so it is worth installing to see what happens? I have the older NMEA gateway and this shows data from both engines on NMEA devices, so fairly easy replacement, but if the new gateway is doomed to fail would rather avoid the hassle of swapping them until I have the right part.

Thanks

It depends on the EVC generation. A to C2 are likely NOT to work (ie will not send data for both engines to the NMEA2k system) with the early Easy Connect version, but C3, D & E will all work (ie will send data for both engines) regardless of which Easy Connect version you have.
    So, the easier question to ask is what are your engine serial numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyroonot View Post
    It depends on the EVC generation. A to C2 are likely NOT to work (ie will not send data for both engines to the NMEA2k system) with the early Easy Connect version, but C3, D & E will all work
    Thanks really appreciate the detailed up to date knowledge shared! I have one of the more recent EVC generations. For future readers can confirm in that case the installation is really plug and play. The only reason it took more like 45 rather than 5 mins was extra time to get my fingers into some tight spaces to unplug the old gateway and plug in the new and tidy up the wires with some cable ties after. But once connected it worked immediately both with the phone and showing engine data for both engines on the Garmin.

I have 2005 D4 -210's with EVC B. The first Easy Connect would only show data from the Port engine on my Simrad Evo 3, but it showed all data for both engines on the Easy Connect APP. This is a known, but poorly dealt with issue with VP. I now have the new updated Easy Connect and I get engine data for both engines on my Evo 3, but I can't seem to use any of this data for things like trip fuel planning - Navico is aware and say they are working on a software update. Also, with this new Easy Connect I no longer get all engine data on the APP, the gauges and fuel flow appear to work, but most data is missing. Still waiting on VP...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345