Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cardiff to Swansea advice please

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    There is no "will let" or "wont let" about it. Obviously yopu co-operate if its safe and reasonable to do so, but you are entitled to cross the ranges whenever you want and they have to stop fifing. There is no legal issue about this, which is why the ranges are not show as prohibited areas on UKHO charts.

With Manorbier you can often go close inshore so they can fire over your heads. Castle Martin wont do this.
    It's simple for me Howard, when the nice guy on the radio asked if I wouldn't mind staying 2miles off, I said no problem. When the guy on the range safety boat told me I HAD to change course, I didn't! I hope your sailing is going well this year. Were you in Falmouth for the Golden Globe celebration?
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew, password Bristol.

Default Re: Cardiff to Swansea advice please

No Allan. We do less and less sailing each year - getting old I am afraid. SWMBO is a game old bird but she struggles with mobility these days, and I struggle with harbour rot.
    this post is a personal opinion, and you should not base your actions on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12