Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 31-34’ Racer/Cruiser

that's quite interesting - I am about the same size! How well do you fit in the cockpit with a full crew?

Depends what you mean by full crew. I have a tiller but I also have a mainsheet track with a liferaft stowed under it. That takes up a lot of cockpit.
    I have an Aeries self steering but also have a Raymarine autopilot so that takes up one persons seat to stbd by the tiller. that leaves 2 places in front of the track & one behind it.
    to be honest if I go away with friends then 3 is really great with one kipping up forward with the bags one side of the berth & one in the saloon with stuff on the opposite bunk at night. Then i sleep in the aft berth with my gear in the berth next to me.Wet gear in the heads & aft locker
    Under way their gear goes up forward & one saloon berth has any day gear with lee cloths raised & one berth free.( But has lee cloth for sleeping under way) & chart table free
    Then there are 3 seats in the cockpit. So the boat is great for 3 long term & I have had several 2-3 week hols with 3 up. 4 is Ok if one does not mind spending some time below whilst sailing ( like my wife who likes to go below & read & complain about the weather))

If racing then crew are on weather deck anyway but do not really need loads of crew. 4 total is enough.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    So one assumes you say to the IRC boat:-

"Well you would have won- but you havn't, so tough luck !!!"

It is a difficult call, is it not? Plus getting boats rated to IRC is a real pain & puts one off from the start.
    Nope, you say to one boat "you won IRC" and you say to another one "you won the NHC/golf style system for doing better than you usually do".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123