Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lymington
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    that's quite interesting - I am about the same size! How well do you fit in the cockpit with a full crew?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southminster, essex
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Depends what you mean by full crew. I have a tiller but I also have a mainsheet track with a liferaft stowed under it. That takes up a lot of cockpit.
    I have an Aeries self steering but also have a Raymarine autopilot so that takes up one persons seat to stbd by the tiller. that leaves 2 places in front of the track & one behind it.
    to be honest if I go away with friends then 3 is really great with one kipping up forward with the bags one side of the berth & one in the saloon with stuff on the opposite bunk at night. Then i sleep in the aft berth with my gear in the berth next to me.Wet gear in the heads & aft locker
    Under way their gear goes up forward & one saloon berth has any day gear with lee cloths raised & one berth free.( But has lee cloth for sleeping under way) & chart table free
    Then there are 3 seats in the cockpit. So the boat is great for 3 long term & I have had several 2-3 week hols with 3 up. 4 is Ok if one does not mind spending some time below whilst sailing ( like my wife who likes to go below & read & complain about the weather))

    If racing then crew are on weather deck anyway but do not really need loads of crew. 4 total is enough.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    So one assumes you say to the IRC boat:-

    "Well you would have won- but you havn't, so tough luck !!!"

    It is a difficult call, is it not? Plus getting boats rated to IRC is a real pain & puts one off from the start.
    Nope, you say to one boat "you won IRC" and you say to another one "you won the NHC/golf style system for doing better than you usually do".

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    2,506

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    When you say "Usual Hanse question marks" What exactly are you referring to?
    That the build quality and attention to detail is not of the standard that it was on the older Dehlers which was really very good. Now they're no better than any other AWB

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,799

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Judders View Post
    That the build quality and attention to detail is not of the standard that it was on the older Dehlers which was really very good. Now they're no better than any other AWB
    Just as an aside which of the older dehlers are you referring to? For future reference.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southminster, essex
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Judders View Post
    That the build quality and attention to detail is not of the standard that it was on the older Dehlers which was really very good. Now they're no better than any other AWB
    For the record . My Hanse was bought new in 2003 & I feel that the workmanship & design around that period was every bit as good as the competition within the price range. In fact better. I bought my boat because it was as good as the Etap, Feeling, Elan, Bene, Jene, Bav at the time in the same size range. I could not see a justification for the extra cost of the X yacht, for example
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    2,506

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by roblpm View Post
    Just as an aside which of the older dehlers are you referring to? For future reference.
    Up to 2009.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    2,506

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    For the record . My Hanse was bought new in 2003 & I feel that the workmanship & design around that period was every bit as good as the competition within the price range. In fact better. I bought my boat because it was as good as the Etap, Feeling, Elan, Bene, Jene, Bav at the time in the same size range. I could not see a justification for the extra cost of the X yacht, for example
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Hanse (particularly not of that vintage), but the old Dehlers were, in my view, up there with an X-yacht for quality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to