Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,134

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by flaming View Post
    IRC
    == meh
    Boo2
    Post contains satire and and may offend nuts

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    2,506

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    I have sailed a Dehler 32 fresh out of the packet (it was the delivery in fact) and I liked it. It seemed a nice balance with some nice features but the usual Hanse question marks. I don't know about racing one but Dehlers have always tended to rate well.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southminster, essex
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Judders View Post
    I have sailed a Dehler 32 fresh out of the packet (it was the delivery in fact) and I liked it. It seemed a nice balance with some nice features but the usual Hanse question marks. I don't know about racing one but Dehlers have always tended to rate well.
    When you say "Usual Hanse question marks" What exactly are you referring to?
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo2 View Post
    == meh
    Boo2
    Try sailing somewhere where there is no IRC fleet and all there is a NHC style system which effectively says "Oh my god, you actually know how to sail - here's a 10 minute penalty so that you have to finish ahead of much faster boats". That may change your appreciation of IRC! :-)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southminster, essex
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 249 View Post
    Try sailing somewhere where there is no IRC fleet and all there is a NHC style system which effectively says "Oh my god, you actually know how to sail - here's a 10 minute penalty so that you have to finish ahead of much faster boats". That may change your appreciation of IRC! :-)
    Until all your competitors get fed up of coming nowhere & do not bother to compete any more
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Which is why it's good to have both systems running in parallel.
    Last edited by Chris 249; 16-04-18 at 11:12.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southminster, essex
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 249 View Post
    Which is why it's good to have both systems running in parallel.
    So one assumes you say to the IRC boat:-

    "Well you would have won- but you havn't, so tough luck !!!"

    It is a difficult call, is it not? Plus getting boats rated to IRC is a real pain & puts one off from the start.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,130

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    Until all your competitors get fed up of coming nowhere & do not bother to compete any more
    Well obviously if you as a fleet do nothing to help the perennial back markers then you can not be surprised when they all vote with their keels and leave.
    You never know, I might be right!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lymington
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    I don't know what is meant by the 'usual Hanse question marks' but I have friends who race a 312 to very good effect both in IRC and 'NHC equivalent' from time to time. Looks comfortable enough for cruising, if you are not too much above average build. A lot cheaper than a modern J, too.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southminster, essex
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: 31-34 Racer/Cruiser

    Quote Originally Posted by TallBuoy View Post
    I don't know what is meant by the 'usual Hanse question marks' but I have friends who race a 312 to very good effect both in IRC and 'NHC equivalent' from time to time. Looks comfortable enough for cruising, if you are not too much above average build. A lot cheaper than a modern J, too.
    Well I am 6ft 6ins & I chose my 312 because of my height. Long bunks & a decent loo. Not enough headroom but just about the best of the bunch. Pretty nippy & responds well to lots of tweeking (i have 26 combinations of control lines in the cockpit) to get the best out of it. Easy to sail single handed. Regularly go for 3 months at a time & have done 2 weeks in the Dutch canals with 6 ( never again though, not with 3 b..dy women aboard!!!) Have done 4 months with just the wife -------& without arguing
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to