Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

Default Re: Blunt warning about carbon monoxide for boaters using petrol engines

I've heard of CO alarms being triggered by hydrogen from batteries being charged but they won't trigger for CO2 or hydrocarbons.

South Oxfordshire, Gosport and Wellington New Zealand.

Default Re: Blunt warning about carbon monoxide for boaters using petrol engines

In the absence of anything else to breathe, of course CO2 is lethal.

For six years I worked closely with dry ice-CO2 at around minus 80 degrees C.

We had a very severe code of practice when shipping product in large boxes-25 kilos in weight-full of dry ice.

All vehicles had to have gastight bulkheads between the load space and the driver. If they did not, we were forbidden to ship in that vehicle.

They were air freight regs, it was bio-science product going worldwide by air freight.

Deck hands have died after entering confined spaces where dry ice had been srored which had reverted to CO2 through tempreture change.

Bottom line-CO2 will not support animal or human life.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan99210 View Post
    I've heard of CO alarms being triggered by hydrogen from batteries being charged
    I have experienced that. Constant CO alarms in the mid cabin. Thought it was a faulty CO unit, but turned out that the battery bank under the mid berth was overcharging and gassing.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Some fumes will kill CO detectors, worth a little research if you're concerned!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12