Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1268

Thread: Steelboats

Default Re: Steelboats

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
    As ones personal environmental foot print is directly porportionate to how much money one spends (economic activity) I make no apology for not taking part in the anthropocene extinctions, as much as most people do, or for being as environmentally responsible as I have been. When people choose to live aboard the boats I have built, or enabled them to afford, their personal environmental foot print declines drastically .
    I have passed on livelihoods to the people I have trained.
    I believe such an environmentally responsible choice of lifestyles deserves a rich reward, which I am enjoying thoroughly ,and passing on to others living as responsibly .It is the one way govts actually reward people for living responsibly, instead of their usual practice of rewarding those who destroy the environment ,and the sustainability of life .
    LOL!
    LOL yerself... trying to pass of Benefit Scrounging as as environmentalism is just more BS from Brent Swain. Go ask your average taxpayer what they think of your theory about governments rewarding the feckless. If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd wouldn't live of the society you claim to live outside of.

Walking down to a Mexican Marina, I passed a huge signboard advertising all the things they could install, and repair, like bow thrusters ( Never needed one) Air conditioning( Never needed it) refrigeration (never needed it) , etc , etc, the list went on, of all the things I have never needed, in over 45 years of mostly full time cruising and living board. Many of them would support years of cruising budget , far more fun than simply having all that crap aboard, with the stress of keeping it running, and supplied with parts .
    No wonder those who feel they must have that kind of complexity in their cruising, so rarely leave the dock, and often, only do so, briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    LOL yerself... trying to pass of Benefit Scrounging as as environmentalism is just more BS from Brent Swain. Go ask your average taxpayer what they think of your theory about governments rewarding the feckless. If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd wouldn't live of the society you claim to live outside of.
    Cutting your cost of living is definitely reducing your personal environmental foot print ,period!

A crab fisherman was on the dock, with a plastic bucket, filled to the top with crabs. A tourist asked him "Aren't you worried about the ones on top, climbing out, and escaping?"
    "No!' said the fisherman ." If one tries to escape, his buddies will grab him and haul him back.There is no way they are going to let him escape their fate!"

Same kind of thinking as you advocate!
    LOL!

South Oxfordshire, Gosport and Wellington New Zealand.

Yes I can say the same, as my boat can be sealed airtight in under a minute, killing any fire quickly. I know of several who tried to fight a foam fire with extinguishers . All lost the battle. Those who shut the oxygen off, all won the battle, with minimal damage (one who was not aboard during an oil stove overflow fire,) . The suggestion that one should do what has failed time and time again, instead of that which has worked time and time again, is really, incredibly dense.

Wouldn't it be nice if those top, infallible, highly qualified ,"experts", who design our engines, had the simple ,uncommon sense ,to make all filtres vertical?
    No you cant. You have not had your boat inspected by our RNLI saftey inspector.

What you consider safe for your boat might not be considered good enough by others.

You live off grid, get away with building boats without H&S regulation and have weird ideas like liferafts are superflous.

IMHO, you dont know about the real world because you dont live there.

Cutting your cost of living is definitely reducing your personal environmental foot print ,period!
    That may well be, but it doesn't change the fact that you still leech your cost of living off your fellow countrymen. You claim to be oh-so-independent and living an off-grid life away from commerce and industry, and yet you rely on the commerce and industry of others for your free ride. More hypocrisy and BS from BS.

Walking down to a Mexican Marina, I passed a huge signboard advertising all the things they could install, and repair, like bow thrusters ( Never needed one) Air conditioning( Never needed it) refrigeration (never needed it) , etc.
    It's amazing what you can do when you work for a living instead of scrounging off the state.

The most polluted countries in the world are in order:
    India
    Cameroon
    Pakistan
    Uganda
    Bangladesh
    China
    Mongolia

By contrast, GDP per capita is led by the usual suspects:
    Luxembourg
    Switzerland
    Norway
    Iceland
    Singapore

Can you spot what's going on there Brent?

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    India
    Cameroon
    Pakistan
    Uganda
    Bangladesh
    China
    Mongolia

Luxembourg
    Switzerland
    Norway
    Iceland
    Singapore

Given his propensity for not spotting Baja lee shores, rocks, reefs and other ships, I think he'll also struggle to spot the obvious conclusions drawn here.

Quote Originally Posted by rotrax View Post
    No you cant. You have not had your boat inspected by our RNLI saftey inspector.

What you consider safe for your boat might not be considered good enough by others.

You live off grid, get away with building boats without H&S regulation and have weird ideas like liferafts are superflous.

IMHO, you dont know about the real world because you dont live there.
    Can you tell me where on Quadra Island BC I can get my boat RNLI inspected, so the water will know enough to not come in, when they see the inspection sticker?
    Perhaps they could also inspect and pass all my a canning jars, to make them sealed, in the only way possible.
    I can just picture those microbes and molecules saying' This one is not RNLI passed ,so it's open house; cant possibly be sealed ,chow time boys."
    LOL!
    I don't believe any boat in BC or Canada for that matter has RNLI inspection, so they must all leak like hell, with no RNLI inspection ticket to scare the water away!
    They cant possibly be airtight, unless RNLI says so?
    LOL!
    I have seen some pretty dense posts on the internet, but yours takes first prize!
    LOL!
    Thanks for the laughs, and thanks for so clearly demonstrating the abysmal foolishness of allowing bureaucracy to over ride reality.
    Here we live in the free world ,where common sense is allowed to over ride bureaucratic foolishness, for the most part.
    Condolences on your loss of the ability to go with common sense, instead of the bureaucratic foolishness you have so generously demonstrated .
    Last edited by Brent Swain; 26-03-19 at 23:59.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    India
    Cameroon
    Pakistan
    Uganda
    Bangladesh
    China
    Mongolia

Luxembourg
    Switzerland
    Norway
    Iceland
    Singapore

Yes, the poor ones are being polluted to serve the demands of the rich counties, where multinational corporations play them off against one another, forcing a race to the bottom, when it comes to environmental standards.
    Pollute your country or starve!

Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast