Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Would you buy this boat?

I was waiting for someone to say run away! IPS isn't my favourite concept and I don't feel it necessary from a parking perspective with twins and at least one thruster (two would make it entirely redundant). I can't see that the costs savings (having done a bit of research) nearly outweigh the additional costs of servicing and the potential risk of failure. At least shafts are straightforward!

There are plenty of boats - just a case of prioritising which we want to see as it requires a bit of travel. We've narrowed it down to mainly three as per my other thread; the Rodman 41, the Antares 13.80 (probably my favourite) and the Jeanneau Prestige 46 (wife's favourite) - sadly not many close to home but we don't mind a trip or two to the med to go boat shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Solent Sailor View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say run away!
    If you wish to hear it once more, here I am, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    If you wish to hear it once more, here I am, fwiw.
    Lol. Very kind.

I have done stupider things than buy something like that and lived to tell the tale, but I do always listen to advice and then try to make an informed decision.

And so far, I have never bought a boat and sold it for less than I paid (allowing for improvement costs but not generally running costs or consumables). There is always a first time though...

Filled with salt water on the inside, noooooo way, would think all the wires / connectors / engine / instruments are suspect.
    Not the easiest to sort as access is always poor. Would not take that on if the boat was free of charge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12