Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: haulout costs Greece

Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post
    Yes,I made a big mistake years ago when Joe Charlton, CYS wanted me to buy the fibreglass company off the English guy in Lefkas.
    Joe Charlton Mmmmm now there a man I not sure I would have any dealing with.
    Met too many people over the years who don't seen to have much good words to say about him, although his Chandlers has a good stock of stuff but don't order any thing and expect it any time soon. Lol
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    Joe Charlton Mmmmm now there a man I not sure I would have any dealing with.
    Met too many people over the years who don't seen to have much good words to say about him, although his Chandlers has a good stock of stuff but don't order any thing and expect it any time soon. Lol
    You are right ,he was one of the main reasons i walked away.
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

I think, when people are happy to pay that amount for a week is a good reason to sail elsewhere.
    Don't think I said anything about being happy with it, simply the best price I could find at the time I had available. All 3 Preveza yards were full over the winter so that wasn't an option. I could have come out in Lefkas marina now as well but that was considerably more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasarell View Post
    Don't think I said anything about being happy with it, simply the best price I could find at the time I had available. All 3 Preveza yards were full over the winter so that wasn't an option. I could have come out in Lefkas marina now as well but that was considerably more expensive!
    Sorry, it was not to be offensive, however, it does make you wonder why so many people fly into Athens, spend a lot of money, one way or another to travel there, then have to pay 30%-40% more to park their boat in an overcrowded sailing area. I spent 5 years there in the late nineties/early 2002 and it was crowded and expensive then.
    all the best.
    Sailing the Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by Pasarell View Post
    Sorry, it was not to be offensive, however, it does make you wonder why so many people fly into Athens, spend a lot of money, one way or another to travel there, then have to pay 30%-40% more to park their boat in an overcrowded sailing area. I spent 5 years there in the late nineties/early 2002 and it was crowded and expensive then.
    all the best.
    Sailing the Aegean

all the best.
    None taken, but thanks for mentioning it. I have my own reasons for being here now even though it has become very crowded for a short period of the year. I've no doubt it was better when you were here but it is still beautiful and a great sailing location for much of the year. Obviously I'd rather many people didn't come here during the peak period and that prices were lower but I can only deal with what I'm faced with now and make my own judgements of cost and value. Just replying to the OP question with current details in this area.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123