Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: haulout costs Greece

Quote Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
    Similar size boat, in Aktio yard, Preveza. Airport 5 minutes up the road. We've always found it both friendly and secure. Flights to UK May - October. We fly via Corfu out of season. Ferry over to Igoumenitsa and cheap(ish) one way car hire to Preveza - we enjoy this trip.
    It's also possible to fly from Corfu to Preveza with sky express, don't think they fly all year but start earlier than other flights to Preveza.
    Preveza airport was completely deserted when I arrived a few days ago, only two flights that day and three passengers getting of the flight from Corfu!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan99210 View Post
    Just returned from Preveza (Ionion) after a couple of weeks there working on the boat. Costs me about €2300 for hauling, launching, jet wash and nine months ashore in the yards own cradle. When I was deciding which yard to use, there wasn't much price difference between them. There are three yards there: Cleopatra, Ionion and Aktio. We decided on Ionion mainly because they were upfront on pricing, never had any unexpected surprises in their costs.
    I'd agree with Vics comment about booking early: yards are busier now than they were a couple of years ago. Ionion has extended their space by four or five football pitches worth of ground and that is already full. Cleopatra is similarly crowded. No idea about Aktio as I don't drive past it to get to Ionion.
    Travel out of season is via Corfu. I catch the ferry as a foot passenger and pick up a hire car in Igoumentisa. Out of season and early booking get you a car for two weeks for about €80 and you'll need the car as the chandleries on site are reasonable for the basics but anything more and you'll need to go to Lekas. The taverna in the Cleopatra complex was open when I arrived, the other one didn't open until the start of Holy Week (orthodox, a week later than ours), thus making a car a requirement unless you can stick eating in the same place every night....
    The easy alternatives are Gouvia on Corfu: very pricey and a max three month stay ashore unless you pay a surcharge but the airport offer year round travel (Nov - Mar via Athens). Lefkas Marina with similar prices to Gouvia and all the travel hassles without the lower price of the Preveza yards.
    My recently purchased boat a 34Ft Cat was ashore in Ionion from Early October to early April and charges were similar. Ionion is not the cleanest yard I've ever been in and lots of uneven ground around the boats but perfectly adequate nonetheless.

Gouvia Marina, Corfu-Charges.
    The link below will take you to a PDF of the Marina's charges for Moorings and Cranage, Propping etc. note that VAT @ 24% needs to be added.
    If you need to exceed the 3 month ashore period, then you'll be charged at 33% of your monthly mooring fee for each month you remain ashore.

http://www.medmarinas.com/LH2Uploads...ice%20List.PDF

Regards,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12