Default 2006 Squadron 58 Owners Manual

Hello all. Don't suppose anyone has as digital copy of the owners handbook I could have a copy of, failing that a wiring diagram for the 3 x 24v to 12v modules fitted under the main switch/breaker Panel.
    Many Thanks Mike

Default Re: 2006 Squadron 58 Owners Manual

Mine is on the Boat but the manual does not show detail of the droppers.

Just full down the ceiling and get a small ladder !

The wiring is 24v in and 12v put. It is very simple

Hi,

To contact the manufacturer, I believe Sunseeker will find a trace marketing service. They certainly have the manual in electronic format (pdf).

NBs

Asking the manufacturer ain't a bad idea, but for a Squadron, chances are that Fairline might be more helpful than S/skr...

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Asking the manufacturer ain't a bad idea, but for a Squadron, chances are that Fairline might be more helpful than S/skr...
    Jrudge will probably disagree with you on that point!

Anyhow, the OP should contact Bates Wharf and ask them for a copy of the manual as they have been known to supply them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Mine is on the Boat but the manual does not show detail of the droppers.

Just full down the ceiling and get a small ladder !

The wiring is 24v in and 12v put. It is very simple
    Exactly. The manual won't help you. You should find the laminated card that describes the circuits by number. Above the port cabin ceiling ( get a ladder) you will see all the circuits labelled with numbers on a din rail connector strip. Having the laminated card will help you navigate this. But fundamentally it is simple- 24v in and 12v out, supplying the vhf and a few other things (wiper motors maybe, and electric windows - that sort of thing). The sq 58 never had a 12 v circuit and used droppers for all 12v appliances.
    Last edited by jfm; 16-04-18 at 15:48.

I didnt ask ... what is the issue.

I have had the boat in more pieces than most ( Jfm being the other contender!) and if you share the issue I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

The droppers are I believe Alfa and they do go wrong. Typically a little intermittent for a short period and then nothing !

There are three droppers but one is ( 90% Sure) dedicated to the electric seats at the lower helm which I have never used other than to play with so a simple recovery is swapping the units to get you going.
    Last edited by jrudge; 16-04-18 at 17:18.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Exactly. The manual won't help you. You should find the laminated card that describes the circuits by number. Above the port cabin ceiling ( get a ladder) you will see all the circuits labelled with numbers on a din rail connector strip. Having the laminated card will help you navigate this. But fundamentally it is simple- 24v in and 12v out, supplying the vhf and a few other things (wiper motors maybe, and electric windows - that sort of thing). The sq 58 never had a 12 v circuit and used droppers for all 12v appliances.
    Interesting. I don’t have a card and I have never noticed any numbers ! Will look.