Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Raymarine Software Update Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Could I borrow it next please ? Or bring it Mallorca in June ?

Thx

Jeremy
    PM me your address and I'll post you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Could I borrow it next please ? Or bring it Mallorca in June ?

Thx

Jeremy
    Sure - but let's see if it works for S first.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante View Post
    You could upgrade these via a special C-Map NT card supplied by Raymarine - I have no idea if you can still get one though.
    Interesting to hear that DV, thanks.
    I had a couple of NT cards updated by a C-Map dealer last summer, and they downloaded the map sets from C-Map server and rewrote the old cards with a card reader attached to a PC.
    Do you think that if I find the software I could ask them to copy it on another old card which I have around but I'm not using anymore, or there must be something else special in those upgrade cards?
    Besides, do you possibly know if it was possible to update a MFD with no cards slots, through Seatalk connection?

I've got an L1260 with firmware 4.09, one RL80 which also has 4.09, and another RL80 with 4.11, which as I understand is the latest version.
    And only one of them has the card slots - I believe the L1260, but don't remember for sure.
    Actually, they seem to work fine, so in a sense I'm trying to solve a problem I don't have, but just wondering...

I would leave well alone to be honest.

You can't update through a Seatalk connection - it's needs to be through a HSB/2.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante View Post
    I would leave well alone to be honest.
    Yup, I guess you're right.
    Hopefully, I'll soon recover from the "fix everything imaginable on the new toy" sindrome, and go back to boating instead...

So after Jimmy’s very kind offer to loan me his card, the envelope arrived today without the card as some scroat in the postal system has cut the envelope on the side and stolen the card. I wish a 1000 plagues on his household. A work that rhymes with truckers comes to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by mcanderson View Post
    So after Jimmy’s very kind offer to loan me his card, the envelope arrived today without the card as some scroat in the postal system has cut the envelope on the side and stolen the card. I wish a 1000 plagues on his household. A work that rhymes with truckers comes to mind!
    Hi S, thanks for your text and voice messages about this, sorry I couldn't answer early, been hurtling round the mountains up the Vesubie and Tinee valleys, beautiful. Don't about this theft, it's a bit annoying but that's all it is - I can just get another card off ebay for the next (occasional) time that I need it for legacy stuff. Hope you still manage to get your update sorted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123