Default Charter Suggestions

Hi,

Looking to Charter a yacht somewhere abroad, 2 couples ish (maybe an extra so 4-6 people)...I have loads of experience on my own sailing boat in Solent, just done ICC last year with the purpose of a charter somewhere.
    No real preference on location, needs to be easy to get to from Gatwick on Easyjet, Med is the obvious choice or Greece, anywhere really, near to an airport at other end with easyish transfer/transport.... low hassle is what we are looking for.
    Ideally at end of July, but will consider anything in summer, ideally in school holidays (as we have a teacher wanting to come along)

Any suggestions, or anyone got a charter available :-)

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Charter Suggestions

SailIonian would fill those criteria. I’m a happy customer.

Corfu has daily direct scheduled flights from Gatwick by easyjet and is invariably the cheapest if booked in advance. Otherwise loads of charter flights to both Corfu and Preveza which will link up with the main charter operators on Corfu and Levkas such as Sailionian and Nisos. Corfu has a bigger choice of both the biggies and smaller local operators such as Bobs Yachts.

How about the Balearics our fleet is based NE Mallorca in Pollenca & Alcudia with The Calas & Menorca all within easy striking distance. Great holiday sailing (sea breeze giving way to flat calm in evening) You can cover some miles or do short hops. Climate quite gentle in some respects as well, great for kids / youngsters (not quite Ibiza nightlife wise!) but enough going on. Bucket and spade if you want it or friendly local culture for any budget.

More info on website below.
    Greece also great Solent in the sun in places. Whatever you go for I’m sure it will be great good luck

Stockholm Archipelago? I'm looking at getting a yacht out here for charter work, but there are a few here for charter.

Cheap flights from Gatwick, short transfer to town and you can sail from the city centre to the thousands of uninhabited islands to tie up at over night or visit some of the bigger islands with bars and restaurants.
    quicKutter rope cutter, shaft and rudder bearings
    www.h4marine.com

Go to www.latesail.com they have charter yachts in the Med and around the world. They are the world's largest discounted yacht charter company with 700 companies and usually about 7,000 yachts. Choose the yacht size, place and dates, you can make an offer and it is often accepted, don't go over 20%.

I can recommend;
    Croatia, either through Dubrovnik or Zadar,
    Tyrrhenian Sea, through Puntone de Scarlino (from Florence Airport),
    Saronic Gulf, through Athens
    Sardinia's Costa Esmeralda, through Olbia, although cheaper flights may be available through Alghero.
    In Italy my journeys to charter bases seemed to always involve train travel, but they still run on time and the fares seem impossibly cheap, compared to what we pay in the British Isles.
    Last edited by Spirit (of Glenans); 20-04-18 at 13:37.