Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: AIS wrongly identifying boat

Very possibly an Ofcom error. When I was getting a new ships licence there was a problem whereby my MMSI would was not linked to the correct callsign in the database, so I kept getting certificates with the wrong details on. It took manual intervention to get it sorted.

We installed a second hand AIS into our boat so had to send it back to the manufacturer to be reprogrammed the same as you did with the radio. It isn't something you can re programme yourself. I think it cost about £30 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy* View Post
    We installed a second hand AIS into our boat so had to send it back to the manufacturer to be reprogrammed the same as you did with the radio. It isn't something you can re programme yourself. I think it cost about £30 last year.
    Actually, many units can be reprogrammed by the user for a new MMSI. if you search online you can often find the "secret key sequence" which will enable it. I reprogrammed by VesperMarine transceiver using the special sequence.

Richard

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

I bought a second hand Matsutec 33a. The normal setup menus wouldn't allow me to reset the MMSI but trawling the internet I found the work round: do a factory rest and the MMSI disppears along with any other saved data. Might be worth trying on other sets?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12