Default Hynautic Engine Controls

Just been rewiring a VP engine for a customer and he has a problem with the Hynautic controls on the other engine. The throttle will not work, the other engine and both clutches work correctly. I spent a little time tying to bleed it with him (FOC as this isn't my field) but couldn't make too much sense of it. The online fitting instructions say pressurise the reservoir to 100 PSI and open the bleed screws one at a time. I did this be there is barely a dribble from one bleed screw and nothing from the other. There is a possibility that the controls may have been disturbed, as someone recently did some other work on the boat.

Anyone have any experience with this system ?

Not looking to charge him anything, just trying to help the guy out
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Default Re: Hynautic Engine Controls

The system isn't particularly complicated - if you're not getting any fluid out then there is air or a blockage in the system preventing fluid filling the circuit. Have you released all air pressure from the reservoir and removed the bleed screws to see if they're blocked or damaged? I remember them being a pain to bleed - you really need someone helping - releasing pressure and topping up the reservoir and re-pressurising as you work your way around - it's far easier if you have an automatic bleed kit of course. Balancing slave controls is also time-consuming - if it's possibly a knock-on from someone else's work I'd leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante View Post
    The system isn't particularly complicated - if you're not getting any fluid out then there is air or a blockage in the system preventing fluid filling the circuit. Have you released all air pressure from the reservoir and removed the bleed screws to see if they're blocked or damaged? I remember them being a pain to bleed - you really need someone helping - releasing pressure and topping up the reservoir and re-pressurising as you work your way around - it's far easier if you have an automatic bleed kit of course. Balancing slave controls is also time-consuming - if it's possibly a knock-on from someone else's work I'd leave it alone.
    Thanks for the reply. I've taken the bleed screws completely out of the throttle slave and there is nothing coming from the one that's connected to the upper hell control. I think i'll double check the pipes are connected correctly, then your advice to leave it alone seems good. The guy who was previously working on the boat has vanished, unfortunately for the owner.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

There are check valves - so it's quite possible if someone has disconnected any helm or slave controls and fitted them back-to-front you won't get any fluid flow.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante View Post
    There are check valves - so it's quite possible if someone has disconnected any helm or slave controls and fitted them back-to-front you won't get any fluid flow.
    Thanks again. The owner thinks the controls were removed and refitted when new panels were installed behind them. I'll double check that the lower stb engine control is piped correctly, all of the other ones work as expected.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Got this all sorted Saturday. The system has the MCV-04 charging valve fitted, this valve is shown in the fitting section of the manual, but is not mentioned in the section on bleeding the system. The manual just says to open the bleed screws. This will not work where the charging valve is fitted, no fluid is allowed from the reservoir to the slave cylinder. You have to turn the brass screw on the charging valve, that coincides with the circuit you are bleeding, half a turn or so to allow the fluid to flow, it then bleeds as it should.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk