Default Tromsø / Spitsbergen and back August 2018

Call for experienced crew to sail to Spitsbergen / Svalbard this season. A rare opportunity to visit this arctic archipel on board of a solid Koopmans 44 with a Yachtmaster skipper.
    The trip is part of a larger sailplan, see previous post. Intention is to sail from Tromsø beginning of August, passing Bjornoya, arriving at Longyearbyen in about 7 days. Two to three weeks will be spent at Svalbard's west coast, the return date depends on availability of the crew. Exact data can be given during this summer, candidates must have solid sea-experience and be flexible in terms of planning. Shared costs basis.

Default Re: Tromsø / Spitsbergen and back August 2018

Frans,
    Please could you provide further details about where you would be departing from and possibly returning to?
    Many thanks

janeK
    "You do not ask a tame seagull why it needs to disappear from time to time toward the open sea. It goes, that's all."

Tromsø to Tromsø, most likely. More details aren't available yet, neither the exact date. Departure begin august, return begin september. It's not an organised, online bookable, satisfaction garanteed trip. So meant for slightly privileged types that can afford some uncertaincy.
    Could you tell something about your experience, and specific interest in this trip?

Frans, do you need a person for the full duration only?
    I am fascinated with idea to see Spitzbergen, was passively dreaming about it for past 10 years. Unfortunately, can't afford full month off work, so would do only part of the trip
    My experience: Coastal skipper, 2500nm, sailed in various countries from Scotland to Croatia, chartered boat, stand solo night watches during longer deliveries, fit.

Gedimin (?),

Read your message only just now. Been occupied with refit of ship, and now on my way, arrived in Bergen, Norway recently.
    I do want to have a crew for the outbound ánd homebound leg, and not being stuck on Svalbard because my crew flew out. I prefer to find persons for the whole trip, but if I won't succeed I'll have to arrange combined crews.